Told by tech Hughes doesn't support Apple OS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LakeCreek
New Poster

Told by tech Hughes doesn't support Apple OS

Case numbers:10/28- 133593013  and 11/3 (same issue) 133736444. Complete stonewalling by 2-different techs. Would not escalte to another tier. My email on my Mac is not being consistently delivered. Stated it's my problem, I should contact Apple. (I know, right??) Tech Rhian on 11/3 told me it's not Hughesnet's culture to support anything Apple, and if I want to be sure when I send email that it gets delivered, especially after the recent "upgrade to webmail" she kept referring, to then I should "change browsers". She parroted repeatedly that this was MY PROBLEM. As she was completely unfamiliar with the Mac OS platform she just blew me off saying the only way to be assured that my copious business email gets delivered is to switch to Google Chrome or Windows Explorer (that's right, a Microsoft product)  I can hardly believe that I can't run my Mac with it's built in mail program and built in Safari browser on Hughes. Since 2004 I have had numerous service issues with Hughes, mostly speeds so slow that are way worse than when I had a DSL connection, or when I had a dial-up connection, but never an issue where I'm basically told I have to run a PC to get my mail sent. 

27 REPLIES 27