cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Told one thing and recieved something else

Told one thing and recieved something else

When we ordered Hughesnet my husband had found a add for 40gig anytime and 50 bonus for 79.95 sounded to good to be true and it was. We were told we could get that package she took our info and charged us 188.00  When the guy came out to hook us up after the install the hughesnet meter read 20gig he told us that it would reset should take around a hour. 2 hours later it still had not reset so my hubby called the customer support guy said oh im so sorry but that is not available in your area, but i can give you the 20 anytime 50 bonus for the same price 79.95. When our first payment came out we were charged 142.00 so we called again he didnt do as he said instead he gave us a 30.00 a month discount. We are happy with the speeds that we are getting but not with customer service that says one thing and does something totally different we had to cancel the 20gig just cant afford that on our fixed income so now we are down to 15gig a month.Just goes to show when it sonds to good to be true it usally is.
9 REPLIES 9
Alum

Re: Told one thing and recieved something else

Hi Kimberley,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting! I'm sorry to hear of your experience with us thus far. I want to assure you that we are here to help. With a recent case number or the serial number on the back/bottom of your modem I'll be able to pull up your account. I'll do some investigating and see what we can do for you. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris

Here is the serial number as i read it off the box  83 001068370 AC  I hope this is the correct number.
Alum

Hi Kimberly,

I've tried to find your account using your serial number but nothing comes up. Do you have a recent case number from phone support that you can provide for me?

Thanks,
Chris

No i dont sorry my hubby talked to them and he didnt write down the case number i can give you the account number its 5024870178
Alum

Hi Kimberly,

I've made this thread private so that your information is not available to others. However the account number I need typically starts with DSS, SME, Q, or AMR. With that I'll be able to pull up your account.

Thanks
Chris

Not sure if you received my other post or not as i have been unable to access this website in several days. We can not access the system control to get our DSS number. here is our information

Steven Butts
4061 Van Buren Rd
Mount Eden KY 40046

I hope this helps we are getting a server not found error when we try to access the system control center website.
Alum

Hi Kimberley,

Thanks for the info. I was able to pull up your account. Give me some time and I'll come back with an update. 

- Chris

Apparently you have no update as it has been 2 weeks with no reply.

After giving you our information i have heard nothing. I guess what people are saying about customer service is correct. I am very disappointed in HN this time. We had HN before a little over a year ago used it for 4 years with no problems this time however i cant get an answer to my question. We have a neighbor 2 houses down that told me she was offered several packages when she switched over to gen 4 the last time we had HN when we switched over to gen 4 we were never offered anything but what we had. I would like to know why some customers are offered more than others at a lower cost ? Just doesnt seem fair to me.Dont get me wrong im happy with the speeds we are getting and our service is good all except for customer service here on this board.