Tracking hour by hour data usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lighthope1
Senior

Tracking hour by hour data usage

Where can I find the utility to find my hour-to-hour data usage?

I downloaded a large file during the bonus period, but it looks like Hughes charged it to my Anytime data.

4 REPLIES 4
Amanda

Hi lighthope1, 

We do not have an hour by hour usage chart, but have a 1 week, 2 week, 30 day and 60 day view in our Usage Meter: http://support.hughesnet.com/support-articles/using-usage-meter. The community members may have some free 3rd party alternative recommendations to track a more detailed view of your home network usage. 

Thank you,

Amanda

@Amanda wrote:

Hi lighthope1, 

We do not have an hour by hour usage chart

May I ask why not?  If you're going to charge me for something, the burden is on you to justify it.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@lighthope1

You've been around here for a while, so you may be familiar with Glasswire, which will monitor the data usage of the Windows based computer it's installed on.  The tally can be viewed by the hour, day, week and month, and pretty much anything in between, including drilling down to specific hours anywhere in the last month.  Keep in mind, though, that while Glasswire is pretty accurate, it's an app, and, again, it measures the data usage from within the computer itself, not before it reaches the computer, and it ONLY measures the data the computer itself is using.  Still, it might help you.  There're free and paid versions, but most people find the free version to be adequate.  It's also only for Windows based computers and Android devices.  

Make sure to set the options (in Windows computers) to "Incoming and Outgoing" and "External".  The options drop down menu is to the upper right of the circle graph while within the Usage tab.  I don't have Android devices, so I'm not familiar with them, but the Android based app most likely has similar settings options.     

https://www.glasswire.com/

@GabeU wrote:

@lighthope1

You've been around here for a while, so you may be familiar with Glasswire, which will monitor the data usage of the Windows based computer it's installed on.

Sadly, that will not help.  The data usage was from an On Demand show from Dish Network.  It was specifically downloaded during the Bonus Period, but it looks like it was charged to Anytime.