cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmit / Uplink Problem

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Transmit / Uplink Problem

There used to be a map of the older sat's beams. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

There used to be a map of the older sat's beams. 

SatBeams has the beam footprints for all of HughesNet's current sats, I believe.  This includes the now corrected footprints for the ES19, as well as those for the ES17 and Spaceway 3 satellites.  I'm not sure about the older ones that they leased capacity from, however.  Granted, they don't have maps that show all of the beams at the same time like the one you're referring to, but you can see the footprint of each beam individually.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

I've tried using SatBeams but can't figure out how. Herp derp.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Here's a Monday morning update on my situation. The transmit / uplink problem has continued unchanged all weekend, and the State Code Monitor shows it out of commission about as much as it is working. Email only sends and receives sporadically. No change from daytime to night time. Line of sight to the satellite is clear, and the receive signal strength remains strong. I power cycled the modem on Sunday morning, rather than rebooting from the App. That had no impact on performance. The modem AC adapter is plugged into a UPS, with a steady 121-123V output. I tagged my initial post for Amanda, who had helped me last time I had an issue in 2018, but it doesn't appear that she hasn't been active for Tech Support since last year. Hopefully someone else will address my post if that's true.
Highlighted

I hope someone gets back to you soon. @Liz , @KathyVoss , @Damian , @Remy 

Highlighted

David,

Thank you for posting! I was able to look into your account and keep up with the errors you've been keeping track of. The normal culprit of these issues is either a Gateway issue, as maratsade and Gabe were discussing, or a general alignment issue. I looked into both, and neither seem to be an issue. In that case, the most likely issue is the equipment malfunctioning, and I've seen an influx of errors within the modem itself. I'm going to be sending you a new modem, with the fees waived. When you receive the box, it'll have a prepaid shipping label meant for return of the previous equipment. Please let us know if this new equipment resolves your issues!

Thanks,

Remy

Highlighted
Sophomore

Thanks, Remy! Any idea how long the new modem will take to get here? And will there be instructions with the new modem, or is plug & play?
Tags (1)
Highlighted

David,

It normally takes between 1-3 days from what I've experienced, so expect it by Thursday! There should be instructions on how to get the modem up and going as well.

Thanks,

Remy

Highlighted
Sophomore

Thanks, Remy.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Remy, overnight last night my system resumed "normal" operation. There have been no system state codes today. Upload speeds are consistently in the 1.8-2.2 Mbps range, with an occasional one at 0.2. My question -- Should I go ahead and replace the modem now (due here today, per UPS), or wait until it acts up again so I can be sure the modem is in fact the real issue?
Tags (1)