Transmit errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwwadkins
Freshman

Transmit errors

For several weeks I have been having transmit errors. I chatted with tech support earlier in the month and they sent a tech out on 12/12/17. He checked the cables,  replaced some ends on the cables and replaced the transmitter. This helped but did not totally solve the problem. I still have uplink errors and disconnects. See the pics below. Just need to know what I need to do next.

Untitled - 1.jpgUntitled - 2.jpgUntitled - 3.jpgUntitled - 4.jpgUntitled - 5.jpgUntitled - 6.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
mbusbin
Freshman

I have the same problem.  I can't get any help either.  I hope I can send this before the next shutdown.  I get service for about 5 minutes before the next tx error.  It happens over and over

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mbusbin wrote:

I have the same problem.  I can't get any help either.  I hope I can send this before the next shutdown.  I get service for about 5 minutes before the next tx error.  It happens over and over

If you are able, you should create a new topic to keep your issue separate.  You can do so by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while within the Tech Support section.  In the meantime, make sure of the same things I mentioned to jwwadkins regarding the power and the plug at the back of the modem.  

GabeU

@jwwadkins

Three things, and the most important, first.

1.  Though it's going to be a pain, you should go through those pictures and edit out your SAN.  That's your account number, and you should NEVER post your account number on a public site.  That's like posting your address, phone number or email address.  But, see below for a better option.   

2.  The reps are off until Wednesday because of the holidays. 

3.  When you next post pictures, it would be a good idea to post them so they aren't so small in difficult to make out.  I don't know if you intended them to be that small or if loading them in multiples made the system shrink them, but again, they are hard to make out.  Also, the third and fourth pics are enough to show what is going on, with the third actually being sufficient to show everything that's going on.  

If you know how, you should either edit the SAN out of all of those pics, or, even better, delete them all and repost the full size version of third pic, the one with all of the state codes, and with your SAN edited out.  You can use Paint to edit out the SAN.  

Have you had anything happen recently that could have moved your dish?  Also, if you have your modem plugged into a surge protector or strip, try plugging it directly into an outlet to see if that makes any difference..  Also make sure that the power plug going into the back of the modem is snug.  Be careful with it, as this plug is delicate, but make sure it's snug.  You could even, WHILE THE OTHER END IS UNPLUGGED FROM THE POWER, unplug it and plug it back into make sure it's good and snug, but again, be careful.  

Great help. Thanks. Another question from a different person. How can I stop lag time on my voice system?

jwwadkins
Freshman

bump, Liz?

GabeU

@jwwadkins

I'll tag them so they'll be sure to see this thread.  

@Liz @Amanda

Hi jwwadkins,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We'd like to address your concerns, so I pulled up your account to run diagnostics on your site. I currently have no communication to your modem (2:09 PM ET). Do you normally have your modem powered off these days? 

Looking forward to hearing back so we can continue troubleshooting.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I am not at home right now but my modem should be powered on. I have some cloud cover today but the problem happens on clear days. Also the modem is plugged directly into the wall.

After I got home I checked and my modem dosen't show any signs of being down any time. The last state code was 21 hrs ago.

Thank you for confirming, I'm still unable to communicate with your site. I've sent you another modem. Please let me know how it goes so I can run new diagnostics on your site.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz wrote:

Thank you for confirming, I'm still unable to communicate with your site. I've sent you another modem. Please let me know how it goes so I can run new diagnostics on your site.

Sure will.

Thanks

Received and installed new modem. So far so good. Will let you know more tomorrow after the system has been up awhile. Thanks for the fast response and shipment on the modem.

Glad to hear it jwwadkins! Don't hesitate to come back to the community if you have other questions.