cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Period

Trial Period

Am I correct in understanding that new customers have a 10 day trial period?  I just moved to the middle of no where (and don't have many options) but I am very displeased with the download speeds and ping just within a few hours- and I really don't want to be stuck with such slow speeds for two whole years.  Any information would be great.  Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Trial Period

I did not even last ten days, had I seen the multiple posts before, I never would have even tried Hughes- The best advice I can give anybody is go somewhere else where some companies care about their customers and do not lead others on by FALSE advertising. Wait until they see the photos I took of the installation!! NONE OF THE GROUNDS WERE PROPERLY CONNECTED AND I HAD ABSOLUTELY NO LIGHTING PROTECTION WITH THIS INSTALATION. Glad to be a gonner!! They never once even tried to address my issues
Assistant Professor

Leo, I seriously feel bad for you that your experience was so bad. Believe it or not, not everyone has such a poor install. I'm sure that was much of your problem.

Myranda, the ping on satellite will always be around 600-700ms, there is no way around it. You have 30 days to cancel, The official reps here will try to help with your speed issue if you let them. Will be tomorrow morning before they are back here. 

Today is Friday. It won't be until Monday before one responds,

Are they going to give me back all the money I paid, including equipment fees when returned?
Assistant Professor

Thanks Robin, I skipped a day somewhere once again. 

I'm always shocked to find out I'm a day ahead. I just happened to have talked to the hubs an hour before and he told me what day it was. 
Tutor

I feel bad installs happen way more often then the community here knows. Most don't even know about the community or know what a proper install requires. Anyone who wants to see a proper install and a post from Cliff Reeves who is or was in charge of install you can see it at https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/my_system_is_not_grounded

This is not something that happens here and there, IMO. In my experience I had numerous techs here and neither of them grounded my system until this thread was brought to light.

If your install does not meet the specs here you have to bring it to their attention here on the community. They don't have a choice. It is a violation of federal electrical code, I believe in every state.
Assistant Professor

Valid points Rick. You get a pumpkin!  

Are they going to give me back all the money I paid, including equipment fees when returned?