Tried running your speed test with other services

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slowunit420

Tried running your speed test with other services

I think your speed test is broken.

It always records a high ping even when using other services. If I'm not using satellite internet why would the ping be so high? I'm fairly certain your speed test tool is BS anyhow and that's just another tool you use to mislead people about their slow speeds. Ookla and other speed test sites show the accurate results of a test and your speed test shows what you want customers to believe.

I love the excuse you use that the other tests were not designed for satellite internet. Well guess what neither was the rest of the internet apparently because I can traceroute to places on other services like verizon's new unlimited data through a hot spot. Or even time warner cable internet at our other location and it's way off what hughesnet does. I swear it looks like you're delibertly slowing down the internet.

It's criminal how you're scamming and lying to your customers and locking them into a contract while misrepresentating your service

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"It's criminal how you're scamming and lying to your customers and locking them into a contract while misrepresentating your service"

Would you point out how the service is being misrepresented?

As for locking users into a contract, that is a standard business practice -- Verizon does it too.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@maratsade wrote:

As for locking users into a contract, that is a standard business practice -- Verizon does it too.

As does AT&T, as does DirecTV, as does...........

I do agree the HugheNet speed test is messed up and have posted my feelings on it previously. I don't use it, I use Testmy.net.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

slowunit420,

Doing a tracert between two different service providers like that can yield some very different results, especially considering your downlink gateway is always going to be outside your local area.  Kind of hard for a gateway in, lets say Kansas to take the same route as an ISP that has a hop locally in lets say, Florida.

As to the Hughesnet speedtest, they are aware it's bugged, and will accept testmy.net results if you create a testmy.net account and share the results link to the account.

Thanks,
C0RR0SIVE

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

slowunit420 wrote: 

It's criminal how you're scamming and lying to your customers and locking them into a contract while misrepresentating your service

They aren't scamming or lying to anyone.  And as for a contract, this is the norm for services.   

slowunit420 wrote: 

I love the excuse you use that the other tests were not designed for satellite internet.

They weren't and aren't, save testmy.net.  It's not an excuse.  It's reality. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro