cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble downloading attachments

Trouble downloading attachments

I have been having problems with downloading files for a long time. I have called but the problem was not resolved. The bigger the file is, the more likely it will fail. Here is the alert I get when I use FF in Google mail: "....part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read."
The problem is on both computers with all browsers, so I think it is my internet connection. If I keep trying, eventually I will get the file to download. It doesn't just happen in my email, but that is where I download the most files.
I used to have a problem uploading attachments in Google email, but that seems to have resolved itself and turned into this problem.
I suspect it has something to do with secure connections.
I also have trouble watching videos on Facebook. I don't know if this is related.
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Trouble downloading attachments

When we used FB it sucked up 100GB, and we had problems. Now the FB is not used I don't even use 5GB. But I haven't  been able to login to get my emails for weeks, and support is no help. They keep disconnecting after a few replies.

You might want to put your complaint in a separate post. It doesn't really apply to my situation.
Alum

Hi nobodyshome,

The first thing I would check are your internet options. Make sure everything is at its default security level. There are also other settings that could have been changed that would affect this as well. I am just not too sure which ones a the moment. I've seen this happen with customers back in my GeekSquad days and internet option settings were the culprit. Maybe it's the same for you.

- Chris

Hi Chris, That is a pretty vague answer. Also, it happens on both computers. I should have said I am on a Macintosh computer.
Also, I took my laptop to another WIFI network and I couldn't believe the ease and speed in downloading the files. One 18mb files took only seconds. It would have taken minutes at home, IF it would download at all. This is a HughesNet issue.
Alum

Hi nobodyshome,

I can only go off of what you provide. Are both computers MAC's? 

- Chris

Yes. MacBook Pro and Mac Pro. Plus, and iPad.
Highlighted

Have you gone to http://192.168.0.1

Does it show any problems? Are you in FAP? Have you made sure all of your router settings are correct. Make sure to disable any traffic shaping/QOS settings in your router. They can really cause A LOT of problems with a satellite connection.

Also, if you post your modem serial number or any recent case numbers the reps can locate your account.
Alum

Hi nobodyshome,

Do you also have an Airport extreme router? Does this happen while directly connected to our HughesNet modem? I ask because other users have experienced issues with them at times. Not specifically what you are experiencing but this may help us further pinpoint the source. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris

Brandon: No problems at modem. FAP is good. I don't know what "Make sure to disable any traffic shaping/QOS settings in your router." means. I think the serial # is: 1101000 29255111.

Chris: Yes, it is an Airport Extreme. I tried connecting directly and still have the same error. I have one computer on WiFi and the other on Ethernet. Both have the same problem.