cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble loading FaceBook - solution

Junior

Trouble loading FaceBook - solution

Here is a tip if you are having trouble loading Facebook.

After switching to Hnet as my ISP, I began having issues with logging on to Fbook.  More often than not, I would receive a SSL_error_ too_long error, or a simple time out.

Logon was trouble free with my previous ISP.   After quite an intensive troubleshooting session by me and advanced support, seemed to find a solution.

The system is Windows 7, Firefox (or Chrome), and AVGfree.  

Turns out the web protection module in AVG was causing the logon problem when used with Hnet.  Uninstalled AVG and installed Bitdefender.   Now the problem is gone.   It is strange that AVG was OK with the previous ISP but cropped up with Hnet, but changing the antivirus program was the solution.

Woody - KZ4AK

www.albe24.com

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Trouble loading FaceBook - solution

Hi Woody!

Thanks for sharing this, glad you found out that AVG was the culprit in this case with the SSL errors on Facebook. You originally posted your complaint in your other thread, Did changing out AVG have any effect on the other issues you reported? If so, please update your other thread.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Trouble loading FaceBook - solution

Good info!

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but it seems that AVG has been going downhill since being purchased by Avast.  I don't know if this is by design or they just don't concentrate on it much, but I've been reading about a lot of problems with it lately.  

BitDefender, OTOH, has great ratings and appears to be one of the best out there.  Smiley Happy  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit