Trouble with voice service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacetree
Junior

Trouble with voice service

I've been a customer for nearly two years now and had no problems with voice service until earlier this year.  Early this year I started having random dropped calls.  They've become more frequent to the point of not being able to rely on the service at all.  Earlier today, I had 5 calls varying in length from 2 to 7 minutes which were dropped.  

Back on March 16th I called support and couldn't keep a call active long enough to get to a person for several tries.  Finally got to a person, then they did updates to both the modem and the ATA and had me power cycle both.  Dropped calls continued almost immediately.  I finally had time to call again today after my frustrating expiriance.  She had me reboot the ATA (I was calling from my cell) then placed me on hold to make a test call and hung up on me.  She also never made the test call.

I figured I may have a better chance getting something done posting here.  The foreign based phone support really does not do much to give the company a good customer service reputation.  From what I've seen, this forum is much better.

I'm using an HT200W modem with a Cisco SPA122 connected to port 1.  Nothing on the feed-through port of the ATA.  Not using an external router, only the HT2000.  Same exact issue over and over:  From my end (talking on the phone connected to the ATA) you will hear a brief burst of noise which sounds like undecoded compressed digital audio, then instant dial tone.  The phone never hangs up, call timer continues to count as though you are on the same call.  From the far end (I've expirianced this from both ends of the call) the person on the phone connected to the ATA breaks up or completely goes silent for several seconds before the call is disconnected.

I have the case number from my failed attempts to get assistance via phone if anyone would like it.  Any assistance you could provide would be appreciated.  

14 REPLIES 14