cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying this again

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Trying this again

@gaines_wright wrote: 

My tech guy said not to look at the dish, but to look at the bracket on the back of the dish.    

This is usually somewhat close.  I'm not sure what the look angle is of the currently used HughesNet residential dish setup, and the following graphic isn't going to have the correct parameters, but it gives a pretty good idea of how said look angle is actually different from what it appears.  

Dish II.PNG

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

@GabeU wrote:

@gaines_wright wrote: 

My tech guy said not to look at the dish, but to look at the bracket on the back of the dish.    

This is usually somewhat close.  I'm not sure what the look angle is of the currently used HughesNet residential dish setup, and the following graphic isn't going to have the correct parameters, but it gives a pretty good idea of how said look angle is actually different from what it appears.  

Dish II.PNG

Your incidence differs from your reflection. Not good to use stock photos, especially one that is designed for terrestrial systems. But yeah, correct analysis of snells law will show that both receiving and transceiving are obscured in my case...you know I wouldn't have brought it up if I didn't physics it to death! lol

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@vladams2015 

My reply wasn't to you. It was to gaines_wright, concerning what the tech told him about the look angle of his dish.  My reply has absolutely nothing to do with you or your apparent issue.  And what I presented, including the graphic, applies to his post.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

so if you arent trying to help ME...take your erroneous graphics off of my request for assistance

@GabeU wrote:

@vladams2015 

My reply wasn't to you. It was to gaines_wright, concerning what the tech told him about the look angle of his dish.  My reply has absolutely nothing to do with you or your apparent issue.  And what I presented, including the graphic, applies to his post.

@vladams2015 wrote:

so if you arent trying to help ME...take your erroneous graphics off of my request for assistance

@GabeU wrote:

@vladams2015 

Now kids.  Don't grow up to be unruly techies.   Smiley Embarassed)>

Sophomore

@Liz wrote:

Just to be clear, that local dealer is the only one available to you, but I have requested they send a different tech, so you should be getting someone other than your original installer. Our installation department here at corporate is aware of your situation.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

For all interested, today I did a line of sight calculation from the installation location to Echostar 19.
From my the current location of the dish, at 3.5 feet away an obstacle can be 2.7 ft above the incidence on the reflector. The first wall of the garage is 8 ft tall and 3.5 feet away, the bottom of the reflector is 31 inches from the ground, the incidence at the tilt is right under 4 feet from the ground. 
At the distance of the peak  of the second garage, the height can be 24 feet, and the peak of the roof is 22.5, so that garage roof is adequate...however I am certain there is an obstruction or partial obstruction of the first garage. We shall see what is said though.

Sophomore

The woes continue

HughesNet test: ping latency 2398 ms
Test won’t complete
Just to satisfy: TMN result: timed out 4 different times at less than 30 percent complete of the download test.

Great service you provide HN!

Re: The woes continue

HughesNet test: ping latency 2398 ms
  Wow, I've never even come close to that much delay.  I like the word "delay" better than "latency"  although most people here would use the word "latency", which IMO is somewhat obfuscatory.
Test won’t complete
Just to satisfy: TMN result: timed out 4 different times at less than 30 percent complete of the download test.
  Well that's an interesting concept.  What does one do if your system is so bad you can't complete a speed test ? I would guess you have a hardware or aiming problem. 
  As for your troubles with your tech company:
 Is about all I have to say on that subject.  Except. that I just called my trusty tech company with the question:  If I wanted a new HughesNet installation or an existing one worked on, and didn't want to deal with Hughes, could you do it.  The answer was an emphatic yes, we are an authorized dealer.
Great service you provide HN!
  Well, I would never call it great, but for a lot of us it's adequate, and it's our only choice.
"Always listen to experts. They’ll tell you what can’t be done and why. Then do it!"
Lazarus Long
Sophomore

I would guess there’s an issue too, but HN just says: we will address it when we address it, and then combines your two issues into one and stops responding. Moderators won’t even respond to private messages about it.

It’s funny, to even TRY to do anything online with my current system. But then again I had better do a TMN test to prove it. Right?

..............................................Moderators won’t even respond to private messages about it.

LOL  They are probably overwhelmed by all the private messages from people complaining about me.