Trying this again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vladams2015
Sophomore

Trying this again

I will keep it short and sweet this time, and no Gabe unless you have something constructive please don't respond again

I had my system install 09Feb. I have been on and off with chat support and the tech team for the last week regarding extremely terrible speeds. Reps would test speeds and tell me they were in the 20-25Mbps download, 3-5 Mbps upload range every time they test. Regardless of whether I was running over 1000Gb cat6e, 5G or 2.4G Wifi, and regardless of the device my max was around 5Mbps down and 2 Mbps up. In fact when I was on chat with HN I was experiencing less than 1Mbps down and up. Pretty ridiculous.

Now we will get to the fun part:

My initial installer placed the dish facing directly at my two detached garages, from LOS only the top third to fourth of the reflector even has a clear view of the southern sky (mentioned this before but HN says to "call them" even after being told there is no phone service at my home location). I also pointed out, that while it doesn't impact signal, the bottom of the reflector is a little over two feet fround the ground...which is obviously a no-no. Similarly, the arm and LNBF is in the middle of the walkway between the deck and the 1st garage and is right at forehead height for my oldest daughter. Seems pretty dangerous to me. The installer did not weatherseal the hole into the house, he only used a plastic grommet. He also left drywall and masonry dust all over the room inside and did not install a faceplate...only another grommet. Basically...I am putting all of my money on the install being the issue. 

I have a tech coming this Saturday. I requested a company OTHER than the installer, but alas, HN scheduled Jupiter Communications, which did my likely faulty install. (Of course they will say that the isntall is acceptable)

Unfortunately I tried to post about this before but before a mod could get to it a super-unhelpful user decided it was his best tinterest to tell me that what I was experiencing with tech support was not at all accurate and I was providing "erroneous" support to others. 

At any ratem HN was supposed to call regarding the issue also being escalated to the post-install team. Havent had a call, an email, anything. Hopefully a mod will actually see this and try to escalate.

35 REPLIES 35
Liz

Hi vladams2015,

I can certainly pass along your concern to our install department here so they are aware of this prior to your upcoming dispatch.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

which doesn't help much since I specifically requested another company other than Jupiter Communications to come do the technical service call. Like I said, of course they are going to stand by their install

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@vladams2015 wrote:

which doesn't help much since I specifically requested another company other than Jupiter Communications to come do the technical service call. Like I said, of course they are going to stand by their install

There are a couple thing you can request from HN Mods.

1 first request is the calls to CS.

2 The photos from your install.

Maybe this thread won't get highjacked.

I've included your concern about your local dealer and related that to our install department, as well as requested that a different dealer be assigned.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you Liz. 
  Seems like there is a huge disconnect between customer needs and the service provided. I will upload pictures of the location of the dish and the issues with the install at my earliest convenience

@vladams2015 wrote:

I have a tech coming this Saturday. I requested a company OTHER than the installer, but alas, HN scheduled Jupiter Communications, which did my likely faulty install. (Of course they will say that the isntall is acceptable)

Are you getting a free installation?  If not, you should be able to choose any tech company you like as long as they are authorised to work on Hughes equipment.  

As for the aiming of the dish,  they don't always point to where one would think at first glance.  My tech guy said not to look at the dish, but to look at the bracket on the back of the dish.   BTW my dish is 64" off the ground.

Yeah, I understand the pointing of the dish, but if the reflector only has around a fourth of it receiving LOS due to the garage walls being between it and the southern sky...likely an issue. Not to mention the bottom of the reflector is 31 inches from the ground as aimed. **bleep**, the LNBF is barely 4 ft from the ground. Sombody screwed up.

And yes, I should be able to request whomever I like, but alas they dispatched the same company which will likely be the same tech since when I was talking to them about scheduling installation dispatch said they only had one tech that serviced my area. So...same guy will be back, and will stand by everything he did. If not, I will be amazed

Just to be clear, that local dealer is the only one available to you, but I have requested they send a different tech, so you should be getting someone other than your original installer. Our installation department here at corporate is aware of your situation.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

@Liz wrote:

Just to be clear, that local dealer is the only one available to you, but I have requested they send a different tech, so you should be getting someone other than your original installer. Our installation department here at corporate is aware of your situation.

Thank you, but just to be clear..I am requesting a different dealer altogether regardless of whether one is "available to me" for, lets be honest, whether is is Joe or Susie, Jupiter is going to stand by the work of their reps. That is how business works correct?

At any rate, I am still not sure how a tech coming to verify an installation is going to do anything short of extending the length of time between initial install and succeful mitigation of connectivity (or lack thereof) issues

@Liz wrote:

For all interested, today I did a line of sight calculation from the installation location to Echostar 19.
From my the current location of the dish, at 3.5 feet away an obstacle can be 2.7 ft above the incidence on the reflector. The first wall of the garage is 8 ft tall and 3.5 feet away, the bottom of the reflector is 31 inches from the ground, the incidence at the tilt is right under 4 feet from the ground. 
At the distance of the peak  of the second garage, the height can be 24 feet, and the peak of the roof is 22.5, so that garage roof is adequate...however I am certain there is an obstruction or partial obstruction of the first garage. We shall see what is said though.

HughesNet test: ping latency 2398 ms
Test won’t complete
Just to satisfy: TMN result: timed out 4 different times at less than 30 percent complete of the download test.

Great service you provide HN!

HughesNet test: ping latency 2398 ms
  Wow, I've never even come close to that much delay.  I like the word "delay" better than "latency"  although most people here would use the word "latency", which IMO is somewhat obfuscatory.
Test won’t complete
Just to satisfy: TMN result: timed out 4 different times at less than 30 percent complete of the download test.
  Well that's an interesting concept.  What does one do if your system is so bad you can't complete a speed test ? I would guess you have a hardware or aiming problem. 
  As for your troubles with your tech company:
 Is about all I have to say on that subject.  Except. that I just called my trusty tech company with the question:  If I wanted a new HughesNet installation or an existing one worked on, and didn't want to deal with Hughes, could you do it.  The answer was an emphatic yes, we are an authorized dealer.
Great service you provide HN!
  Well, I would never call it great, but for a lot of us it's adequate, and it's our only choice.
"Always listen to experts. They’ll tell you what can’t be done and why. Then do it!"
Lazarus Long

I would guess there’s an issue too, but HN just says: we will address it when we address it, and then combines your two issues into one and stops responding. Moderators won’t even respond to private messages about it.

It’s funny, to even TRY to do anything online with my current system. But then again I had better do a TMN test to prove it. Right?

..............................................Moderators won’t even respond to private messages about it.

LOL  They are probably overwhelmed by all the private messages from people complaining about me.

Hahaha and me?

data.usage.JPG

Figured I would also share what my data usage looks like for my 150 dollar plan. On the 11th I was actually able to slowly download a kodi build (about 4 hours long) so thats why I used a smidge of data. The 14th was all the speed tests I was told to do. 

Anyone else have data usage that looks like this or am I the only one?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

If you are still within the first 20 days of getting service your data will reset daily.

@BirdDog wrote:

If you are still within the first 20 days of getting service your data will reset daily.

Yeah, I understand that completely. the main point is the ridiculously low usage regardless of whether or not it was getting reset. Thanks for helping out though. Much appreciated.

Tech arrived.
Replaced LNB
Changed alignment
First speed test was 43 Mbps down
I think we are in business but we will have to wait and see

Good morning vladams2015,

Wonderful. I appreciate the update. If you have other concerns with your HughesNet service, feel free to contact us again.