Re: The woes continue

Hahaha and me?
Highlighted
Sophomore

Woes continue v.2

Current status:
0.25 Mbps download
0.58 Mbps upload

Do we realize that 250 Kbps is slower than dialup?

This is getting to be beautiful!

Thanks for weighing in mods. Appreciate it
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Woes continue v.2

Without using vector calculus, I was able to determine that 250kbps is still >> 56kbps.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Without using tensor calculus I was able to determine that:
1. That was unnecessary
2. 256 kbps dialup was a thing

I know, tensors are probably a little advanced but then again how will you ever learn?
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Right. I'll cut to the chase: This isn't social media. It's a support site. In that regard, 50% of what you write is unnecessary.

Your constant snark, hyperbole, and smarter-(and holier)-than-everyone attitude, is tiresome and quite unappreciated. It's not funny and you're embarrassing yourself.

You want to know why you're getting pushback from people. Now you know.

If you want support from the people here, stop alienating yourself from all of them. End of.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

@vladams2015 wrote:
Current status:
0.25 Mbps download
0.58 Mbps upload

Just a tip from a fellow Linux user and fellow feather ruffler.  It's not considered good form to open a new topic for a subject for which you already have a thread in progress in the tech support area.  If your sole object is to ruffle more feathers, feather ruffling should be confined to the general discussion area.  Smiley Embarassed)>

Highlighted

Hello vladams2015,

We're merging your latest thread into your existing one to better assist you. I would appreciate it if you provided any updates here so that we can keep things organized. I am also requesting that any comments made to the thread, by any user, remain relevant and constructive. 

Thank you,

Amanda

Highlighted
Sophomore

@MarkJFine wrote:

Right. I'll cut to the chase: This isn't social media. It's a support site. In that regard, 50% of what you write is unnecessary.

Your constant snark, hyperbole, and smarter-(and holier)-than-everyone attitude, is tiresome and quite unappreciated. It's not funny and you're embarrassing yourself.

You want to know why you're getting pushback from people. Now you know.

If you want support from the people here, stop alienating yourself from all of them. End of.

Nobody asked you for your constant pushback either. I post support, and ask for support. I don't think I am holier than anyone and 95 percent of what I write about my issues or addressing others IS necessary. plain nd simple. You however are continuing to push forward at nothing

Highlighted
Sophomore

@Amanda wrote:

Hello vladams2015,

We're merging your latest thread into your existing one to better assist you. I would appreciate it if you provided any updates here so that we can keep things organized. I am also requesting that any comments made to the thread, by any user, remain relevant and constructive. 

Thank you,

Amanda

I will keep it all here from this moment on. Have to continually update so that someone can see that it wasn't some one-day weather related incident, and meanwhile i am paying a monthly fee for literally zero return.

Highlighted
Sophomore

@gaines_wright wrote:

@vladams2015 wrote:
Current status:
0.25 Mbps download
0.58 Mbps upload

Just a tip from a fellow Linux user and fellow feather ruffler.  It's not considered good form to open a new topic for a subject for which you already have a thread in progress in the tech support area.  If your sole object is to ruffle more feathers, feather ruffling should be confined to the general discussion area.  Smiley Embarassed)>

Thanks gaines. Its frustrating to have no support from the actual company. I have not been personally contacted by anyone from HN other than a text message to confirm a tech appointment (that I will undoubtedly be paying for) from a company that I requested not service me because of the obvious install issues I already had with them. So yeah, I am getting frustrated.