Hughesnet Community

Turn Editing On page within an online course will not load..

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cindymason11
Freshman

Turn Editing On page within an online course will not load..

I teach an online course using Moodle as the LM system. Within the course when I click the Turn Editing On button, the page will not load. It just keeps spinning, the page is blank and at the bottom it says "waiting for fonts.googleapis.com

This is a Hughesnet wifi issue; I was able to load the page on my smartphone while not connected to my wifi; but when connected to wifi it would not load.

I just got the Gen5 yesterday. I was on the phone with a tech support today; the page came up but would not function; he said it was fixed and it is not.

This is unacceptable to have an issue with a brand new product. I need internet for my work and have never had this issue until now. 

I would appreciate any help from experts on this forum.

12 REPLIES 12
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Hi Cindy, you may need to change  your DNS servers to Google instead of the default HughesNet servers as  explained here: https://www.webnots.com/fix-slow-page-loading-waiting-fonts-googleapis-com/

The servers I use are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and have very few problems.

Capture.JPG

I am looking at the instructions now; and both Ipv4 and v6 both show Internet. So I don't know which one to select in the Properties box. 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Here is how you do it on computer adapter: https://www.webnots.com/how-to-change-dns-server-ips-in-windows-7-8-and-10/

Not sure how it is done on Gen 5 modem/router as I'm still Gen 4 with my own router. Maybe someone will chime in on how to change or turn off default DNS server on a HT2000w modem. I also have my router set to Google DNS servers.

I was able to change it in the v4 but it did not solve the problem.

It would not accept this in the v6; said it was not valid numbers:  In case of IPv6 use preferred server as 2001:4860:4860 :: 8888 and alternate server as 2001:4860:4860 :: 8844.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

All I have left:

Capture.JPG

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@BirdDog

I don't believe one can alter the IPv6 DNS setting in the HT2000W modem, only IPv4.  I searched in all of the settings and there's nowhere to change it.  

@GabeU

should be able to set primary and secondary IPv6 DNSs on your device tho.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@MarkJFine wrote:

@GabeU

should be able to set primary and secondary IPv6 DNSs on your device tho.

For sure.  My post was directed at BirdDog's reference to the HT2000W, though I forgot to indicate that.  I'll go back and change it.   

I had found a solution; I connected to 5g and the editing on page would load. That is until today; now it is doing the same on 5g as it was on 2g. I did go in and change the pv6 numbers you showed in this post but it did not change anything. I am just positive it is in the wifi; I have connected to my sister's internet and the page loaded just fine. 

Can I just disable the wifi in my modem and connect the router I used with my gen4 modem?

If so, I need instructions as to how to do this. 

GabeU

@cindymason11

Yes, you can do that.  The following copy/paste from another post contains the info to turn off the WiFi in the HT2000W.  After doing so you can connect your old router to one of the LAN ports on the back of the modem and use it like you did before.  

Go to the System Control Center at http://192.168.0.1/ and click on WiFi Settings on the left.  The default password is the word admin.  You can use either method, but I actually use both to be sure.  

The first method actually only turns off the broadcast, but does not turn off the physical radios.  

You MUST UNCHECK EACH OF THE TWO BOXES (Enable and Broadcast) FOR EACH RADIO, THEN CLICK SAVE BEFORE GOING ON TO THE NEXT.  So, uncheck the SSID Enable and SSID Broadcast boxes for the 2.4Ghz radio, then click SAVE SETTINGS, then uncheck the same for the 2.4Ghz Guest radio, then SAVE SETTINGS, then the same for 5Ghz, then SAVE SETTINGS, then 5Ghz Guest, then SAVE SETTINGS.  Doing all of them at the same time, then clicking Save Settings, won't work.  I don't know why, but it won't.  You have to do each one separately. 

Capture1.JPG

The second method actually turns off the radios, or at least acts as if it does, as it turns off all broadcasts of any kind.  

Uncheck the box for each Frequency Band, then click SAVE SETTINGS.  With this one you can click both at the same time and then click SAVE SETTINGS.

Capture2.JPG    

cindymason11
Freshman

I have to give a big Kudos to Hughesnet. After calling my local satellite guy, he made a call to his dealer who had an Advanced Support person call me last Friday. Andrew is his name; after having me try a few things with no success, he sent my issue on to the Engineer dept. and today the issue is resolved!