Two Months of Slow Speed, Even After Gen 5 Upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colby
Sophomore

Two Months of Slow Speed, Even After Gen 5 Upgrade

I've been experiencing close to dial up speeds for almost two months. My slow speed issue started around the middle of November, 2017. I was on the Gen 4 plan at the time. I had been on the plan for around 5 years. A technician came to my home about 6 times within a couple of weeks. He performed all of his tests and said he "rebuilt my whole system". The slow speeds continued after changing all of my equipment. Finally, he told me there was an issue with the satellite that I was on. I decided to upgrade to Gen 5, as I was told I would be switched over to the newer satelitte. 

Once on the Gen 5 plan, I continued to have near dial up speeds, somewhere around 200 kbps download. The technician told me that he didn't know what else to try. Once he left the home, I noticed (on systemcontrol page) that I was left on the same satellite that I had to begin with. Since this time I have contacted customer support multiple times each week. Each time I am told that my case is being escalated to the engineers and I will receive a call back in 3-5 business days. I am never called back on any of the escalations. I have been told "what case?", "sorry, your case was resolved and closed", "the engineers are really behind", "I'm speaking to upper management to resolve this", "we are sending an email to management", etc. 

After several rounds of not receiving call backs from anyone, and having my cases closed or lost for some reason, I started to call customer support throughout the week to ensure my escalation is still open. I am always told yes, my case is still open. However, I never receive a call. I always have the customer support rep verify my phone number each time to prevent an issue.  Each time I call back after the 5 days have passed, the process is started over again, I wait another week, and never receive a call back from anyone.

I have repeated this process over and over again for over a month. My most recent call (2 days ago) I was told that an "email is being sent" and that I will receive a call from engineers within 24 hours. However, I never received a call. Calling customer support is not getting my issue resolved. 

I recently started trying to call the corporate office, but no one answers the phone. I have verified the number, so I know that's not the issue. 

Can anyone help me resolve this issue? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning Colby,

Engineering has an update planned for your gateway tonight which should address the intermittent connectivity you're seeing. To be safe, please power cycle the HughesNet modem before you use the internet tomorrow. To power cycle the modem, unplug the power cable from its power brick and replug after 30 seconds. Allow some time for the modem to recover before attempting to browse. Please let me know if the disconnects go away after this.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20