cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Week Wait, and Tech Support doesn't Show

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Two Week Wait, and Tech Support doesn't Show

I hope that (1) the HN reps here can contact the tech to see what's going on and that he visits Vertical Acres soon (it's got to be a chore getting trucks up hills over there, right?), and that (2) you have other options soon.  HN works just fine for my needs, so I'm very happy with it and I'm glad that they provide internet where the terrestrial ISPs can't be bothered to.  But I know some people have more difficulties and I sympathise completely.  I hope someone checks with the tech today.

@jlantz wrote:

LOL... oh yeah.. there's a few tomes in there... 

As far as Starlink, I have no idea... but at least I'll maybe have one more option, because this one isn't very usable... Onlly time and more money thrown at a problem will tell... You'd think I live in a thrid world country or something trying to get a usuable internet service, but most of them have better options than I do.

jlantz
Junior

Hahaha.. yeah ok... just like anyone contacted me through here even today... A communications company that doesn't communicate..... and yes, I have a thread here titled that, because I'm so sick and tired of giving my money away to a company that cares less.... 

I've spent a big chunk of my day on the phone back and forth with the dealer, who is in another state, and the person who was supposed to show up....:"truck broke down, have the sugars and my foot has to have an ulcer fixed... you mean no one called you to tell you I broke down? They didn't send another tech?"

Now SUPPOSEDLY, they are gloijng to be sending someone out Saturday, who they say lives in my county.. which means I"m giving up a day we planned something else for..... but I'm taking this screwing whith a smile, since Hughes doesn't seem to have the least bit interest in me other than taking my money.. and I'm still trying to figure out why I keep giving it to them when they are giving me so little in return?

I'm really impressed Hughes... ... thanks for communicating with me and making sure I'm another happily screwed customer....  I've been living with this problem  for several years off and on and not one person at hughes wants to make it right.... THey just want to wear you down with excuses and lots of your personal time taken... The gravy is about to end if things aren't fixed by Saturday,

.........and I'm still really hot about losing a days pay!

maratsade

"Now SUPPOSEDLY, they are gloijng to be sending someone out Saturday, "

Do you have a way to communicate with whoever's coming? Can you stay on top of them and text or call them to make sure they're actually coming?

jlantz
Junior

At this moment, I've only got contact with the dealer, and I'm told the tech will text me when he's on his way.. that's AFTER i've told them I don't have cell service to get texts through...  The lunacy around all this would be quite entertaining if it wasn't all true and happening to me... 

I do plan to call them the next day or so and get that tech's number so I can let them know he needs a 32' ladder, which it seems no techs around here own...

So no.. I'm still pretty much feeling raw....  and still pretty certain there is no end in sight... 

I think Hughes should be paying me their employees'  salary since I'm doing all their footwork trying to get a tech to my house, which THEY were suppposed to arrange.... 

Can you tell I' m still trying so hard to keep a big tooth grin?!?!?!?!

maratsade

Not having text service just makes everything so much worse. Is the tech close to you? I think I'd just go pick them up and bring them to the site. 

jlantz
Junior

LOL... I like the way you think!!!

If I could get the instructions of how to  exactly aim this dish, I'd have it off my roof and placed where it needs to be and done....  TOOOoooo MANY YEARS of this mess....   I can deal with the normal nightly slowdowns and such that comes with the technology, but just getting the dish in a useful place has been my worst nightmare!

The day I called to get Excede, and the installer/dealer talked into Hughes has been one of the biggest mistakes I've made in years!!!!  The BIGGEST mistake I've made was not being able to get home when the guy came and installed the dish... I got home by the time he was ready to install the modem. I wasn't happy when I saw where he put it... I went on for a long time with him about the holes he put in my 3 year old shingles and decking... 

maratsade

Two things: maybe you can convince the tech to install the dish elsewhere, if that's possible at all, signal-wise. And can you go with another ISP and see if they work better for you? 

jlantz
Junior

Yes, that is what this visit is supposed to be about, finding a better location for the dish, and making sure it can't move around like it does with the house...  Three times people have been here over the last couple years, and not one tme can I get ayone that has a clue what they are doing....  All I want is someone to show up that can do something. Even when I upgraded to GEN5 I thought they would move my dish, but nope, the guy only had the LMB and wasn't going to remove my dish because of the holes in the roof, and said the signal was good enough.. but then again, the leaves weren't all on the tree like they are now... 

I would go with Excede or Viasat in a heartbeat, if I didn't have to get into another 2 year contract. Seems to me, a LOT of people will be leaving Hughesnet once Starlink starts taking customers, and who knows, Hughes might start getting to be pretty reliable with a ton less customers. BUT, since hughes hasn't worried about trying to keep customers happy in the past, I'm sure too many will be bailing... I'd stick around and see, if the customer service had acceptable or even seemed like anyone cared about their customers.

BUT, since Hughes doesn't seem to care one bit, I'd rather just wait a few more months it sounds, live with this dismal service, and not be stuck in a new contract once the time to jump this sunken ship happens.. 

I would also like to take this moment to say THANK YOU to Hughes for even taking a moment to say "We're so sorry you are having these problems."....

maratsade

"Yes, that is what this visit is supposed to be about, finding a better location for the dish, and making sure it can't move around like it does with the house... "

Seems that, from what you said before, it has to be high up because of the valley....I wonder if there's a very tall pole they can put it on, so it's not on the house and it's at the right height.  Hopefully this visit will be the charm. 

jlantz
Junior

There are a couple places it can be placed, and should be within cable length limits. Problem is, getting Hughes to schedule a tech (always a fight) then having a tech show up... (huge cr$p shoot) and then imagining them to even know how they even got here, much less have the motivation to do what needs to be done... 

And this is why I am so tired and worn out and just keep settling on bad serivce, and every so often pop up on here because phone calls and tech support get me nothing... This has all this has cost me a lot of money and time, for a very lackluster experiance.Started  the second that first dealer/installer stepped foot on my property.. Smiley Sad