cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Leak Test

Freshman

Re: Ultimate Leak Test

Can you tell me the date or dates of the use by that MAC address? Was it earlier than the 20th?

Freshman

Re: Ultimate Leak Test

What was the date or dates of the use by that MAC address?

Freshman

Re: Ultimate Leak Test

and was it in the 2gb of data range?

Re: Ultimate Leak Test


@wyomingfly wrote:

Reading the recent data loss post, the person mentions that modem 'overhead' is not deducted but it appears that it is.

  I believe that it is.  This is because excessive modem overhead is probably caused by hardware or aiming  problems with your system.

 

  This is just a wild guess, but assuming you are talking about a ht2000 modem,  it  takes gigs of data just to initialize.    It may be possible that if you'd looked immediately after the installation, you would have seen that much data gone already.

 

  If my guess is correct, you'll find out next data cycle, when hopefully, the whole problem may just disappear.

 

Distinguished Professor III

Re: Ultimate Leak Test


@gaines_wright wrote:

  This is just a wild guess, but assuming you are talking about a ht2000 modem,  it  takes gigs of data just to initialize.    It may be possible that if you'd looked immediately after the installation, you would have seen that much data gone already.

 

  If my guess is correct, you'll find out next data cycle, when hopefully, the whole problem may just disappear.


Good guess, but the data needed for the modem to initalize after installation, if any, isn't counted against the customer's data.  Also, unless the modem needs a software upgrade at the beginning, of which the data used would not be counted against the customer's, the amount of data used isn't very much.   


AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

Re: Ultimate Leak Test

I started using it in the 4th week of the 2nd month after install

Re: Ultimate Leak Test


@GabeU wrote:

Good guess, but the data needed for the modem to initalize after installation, if any, isn't counted against the customer's data.  Also, unless the modem needs a software upgrade at the beginning, of which the data used would not be counted against the customer's, the amount of data used isn't very much.   

 

   If I'm remembering correctly, in my case it was gigs, and it was also charged against my data usage.  I'm  fairly sure about this, because that was the very first cycle I had run out of data since the end of daily data limits.

 

  I installed the modem myself.  Maybe that caused the difference.   Especially since I'm one of those guys that considers reading the intructions to be the very last resort.  Smiley Embarassed)>


 

Distinguished Professor III

Re: Ultimate Leak Test


@gaines_wright wrote:

I installed the modem myself.  Maybe that caused the difference.    


That may be.  You should have said something to them, as even a modem they send to you to install yourself should not have used your data for initialization or a software update.  I'm sure they would have compensated you with a data token.   


AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Moderator

Re: Ultimate Leak Test

Jonathan,

 

The data was in the 2GB range and was used on 01/04/19. 

 

-Damian 

Re: Ultimate Leak Test


@GabeU wrote:



   .............  I'm sure they would have compensated you with a data token.   

    This all happened quite a while ago, I imagine the token statute of limitations has expired by now.  Smiley Embarassed)>