Hughesnet Community

Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rancourtr

Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

I have worked with technical support and have not been able to fix download speed issues. I have tried rebooting router, modem, computer, performed numerous download speed tests which all confirm I have issues that are not hardware related as speed issues appear to be time related. As far as I can tell, logic would dictate if you have a hardware issue it would be present 24/7. Tech is scheduled for tomorrow, but not pleased as I am being charged for service call despite equipment being under warranty and express service monthly payment for coverage.
99 REPLIES 99
rancourtr

Thanks. Seems like you have been there done that. The equipment side has been checked out last week. Tech found nothing and said everything has been done in the ground side that can be done. We now wait for the gods in the sky to do their part.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You're welcome and yes been there done that. Doesn't hurt to check in at least once a week though to see if any progress. Nice you seem to understand this technology is complicated and problems can take awhile to get fixed. Many people do not, they expect cable like performance and resolutions.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

It does take some time once an issue has been narrowed down to a gateway/server issue.

Just stay on top of the subject.

Lots of bad weather at some gateway locations right now that could impact things for a short period.

It does take a while and it does take patience .. Engineers move at the speed of Engineers. I guess the biggest thing is to make sure the changes they make fix the one thing and not break several others in the process.

Such is the way of Networking.

rancourtr

Tests from this afternoon and evening. I'll set it again for tests throughout the night till morning. Guessing it will yet again reveal the same pattern.
rancourtr

Just like magic! Wish I worked the night shift
rancourtr

pvtpilot94

is your modem a HT1000 or HT1100?
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

rancourtr, noticed the ads on your screen shots. Really should consider installing ad blocker plug-in on browsers. It helps speed up browsing plus saves data.
Liz

Good morning rancourtr,

Thank you for the update. I know today our campus is closed, save for essential personnel, due to the aftermath of the winter storm, so there may be a delay on working on this. However, I will continue to keep you updated as soon as I have any news for you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

rancourtr

Any preferred blocker plug ins? Haven't really spent much time with the new laptop. Purchased from bestbuy to run hughesnet's required "safe mode" boot tests to confirm it wasn't my laptop. Work laptop has encrypted hardrive and without admin rights it wasn't possible to run the tests which were uneventful to say the least. Should have held firm since I had same issues with all of the devices using wireless (iPhone/iPad/Netflix). Plugging in the Ethernet cable direct made no appreciable difference in speeds. Oh well at least the kids have a laptop to play around with at the cabin now 🙂
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I use Adblock Plus: https://adblockplus.org/
rancourtr

Please let me know if they are making progress. I need to have reliable service by February 19th.
rancourtr

Strange call from technical support to tell me nothing new. They read back the notes in case and indicated it was likely a beam capacity issue. Engineering will continue to work on it. So now what???
Liz

Hi rancourtr,

Sometimes that usually is the case, and usually that gets resolved once the engineers have completed adjusted things on the network to address this. I currently have no ETA on any specific action or resolution, but I've pinged my engineering contact to see if he has anything to share. I'll post back once I have an update.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

rancourtr

Hi Liz,

I was curious to see if you heard back on your side from engineering. Nothing has been done on the Hughesnet side to resolve the issue that I am aware of. However, they were able to process a new bill for service. I assume they will continue to provide credits to my account until the matter is resolved?

Thank you for your assistance.

Liz

Good morning rancourtr,

As of the last update I got Friday night, engineering is still evaluating your beam. In the meantime, yes, I will credit your account for a month of service while they continue to work on addressing speed concerns.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Liz

Aha, just in from engineering: capacity balancing has just been completed, so please let me know if you see any improvement.

Thanks,
Liz

rancourtr

No improvement. Any suggestions? All tests this evening <800kbps
rancourtr

rancourtr

Direct test from hughnet website is a little higher speed than test my.net but Doesn't appear to be fixed.