Hughesnet Community

Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rancourtr

Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

I have worked with technical support and have not been able to fix download speed issues. I have tried rebooting router, modem, computer, performed numerous download speed tests which all confirm I have issues that are not hardware related as speed issues appear to be time related. As far as I can tell, logic would dictate if you have a hardware issue it would be present 24/7. Tech is scheduled for tomorrow, but not pleased as I am being charged for service call despite equipment being under warranty and express service monthly payment for coverage.
99 REPLIES 99
rancourtr

rancourtr

Same story. Different day. Works great in the middle of the night. Sucks otherwise. Obviously the engineers "balancing" beam adjustment was unsuccessful.
pvtpilot94

It won't get fixed
jeffrey.youmans

get a life mordacious, you dont have better time but to sit on here and like an ass comment on somebody elses problems and somebody trying to help somebody else by seeing the obvious and that rancourtr deserves the money back, I know this is a month old but cant stand people who sit on here and making smart ass comments,
jeffrey.youmans

same thing with you to dumb ass corrosive, champion
Liz

Good morning rancourtr,

Thank you for the update and the speed tests, I can use some of these results, so I'll send them up to engineering so they are aware and can work to make improvements.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Roger Rancourt

I assume a credit will be forthcoming? As far as I know, no further action or fixes have been completed. It's been silent for over two weeks now.

Thanks

Date: March 7, 2016 at 6:47:05 AM PST

Subject: Your HughesNet bill has been generated
Liz

Good morning Roger,

I apologize, I must have missed updating your thread on the engineer's progress. On Feb 27, capacity was rebalanced to address your concerns. How has your system performance been since then? If no improvements, please run some speed tests during the times you notice slow speeds. I can certainly credit your account once I get newer speed tests; the last ones on your testmy.net results page are from Feb 21.

I'll send another token for the speed tests.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Roger Rancourt

I will be back at the cabin this weekend and will take some additional tests to confirm if there is any improvement. Thanks for your continued assistance Hopefully, we will have some closure soon.
Liz

Thanks for the update, I look forward to hearing back from you.

-Liz

Roger Rancourt

Yeah not so much. First test is back at 519kbps and 2nd at 513kbps. I'll post the full tests when complete, but clearly no resolution yet.
Roger Rancourt

Roger Rancourt

Works great late at night. No change since December. Next steps as service is pretty much useless in it's current state???
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Everything posted is around 9 to midnight. What are speeds during the day and early evening? If good then most likely still a beam/gateway loading issue during peak periods.
Liz

Good morning Roger,

Thank for these speed tests, I will send this info to our engineers for them to address. I will keep you posted.

-Liz

Roger Rancourt

Roger Rancourt

Here are the latest from Sunday.
Liz

OK, good I can use these too.

-Liz

1justinriggs8

its the transmitter they are faulty even after they have been repaired

had the same issue technician was out changed the transmitter on the satellite 2 days later I had no internet at all took a long time to get them to send a technician and they shouldn't have charged you for the service fee

ur not receiving the minimal requirements that you are paying for

pvtpilot94

will never be solved until Hughesnet stops overloading beams. Had same problem never achieved anywhere near advertised speeds. after month of Bitc**g I was able to get out of contract
Liz

Hi Roger,

Got a speedy reply from an engineer regarding your speed concerns; there's a network change planned this week to help increase capacity and hopefully address any slow speeds on your beam. After this work week, please keep an eye on your system performance and let us know if you see any changes.

Thanks,
Liz