cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

Re: Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

It will get resolved at some point. I suspect if they terminated the service and reset as a new account, the problem would go away. Seems like an easy request to reinitalize the account, but it hasn't happend yet. I wish they would humor me and give it a try.
Associate Professor

Engineering support called this morning and they are remotely reconfiguring the modem (so I am told). Another 7 hour round trip next weekend to confirm the fix. I'll update progress on Saturday.

Liz - please check on your end to see if what they are proposing has any chance of working. I am not sure how a "modem setting" would cause problems at only certain times. I would prefer not to make another trip again. Last weekend was a wasted trip to meet the on site tech to tell me I didn't have a hardware problem. (Something I said from the beginning. Computers can't tell if the sun is out-hardware problems generally are 24/7 or intermittent. This speed issue is predictable and recurring based on time of day.) thank you!

Hi rancourtr,

I would hold off on going to the cabin to check. I don't have feedback from my engineering team yet for you.

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

their sales people LIE it will never delver promised peed or quality. that's why i'm shopping around. why pay for this joke of a service.

speed ^

While it is a correct statement regarding no guarantee of speed, there is however an expectation of customary level of service that has been communicated to me of 60-70% of advertised speed. Clearly receiving 10% of advertised speed 20 out of a 24 hour period is unacceptable.
Assistant Professor

You are correct rancourtr, the last status Liz posted yesterday is the engineers are still looking into it. My experience is it can take awhile once they are involved. Try to be patient especially since you aren't at the cabin that much.

Liz actually escalated your case very quickly.

As long as we have the needed info to escalate, we can do so. The big thing we just need from the subscriber are correctly performed speed tests. 

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

00052466273 Unsatisfactory download speeds
Was this post resolved? Seems like you resolved their issue. The speed tests/issue was confirmed by on site Hughesnet technician on Saturday. Please let me know if there are any additional tests that are needed on my end. I wasn't sure if your post implied I needed to do additional "correct tests". Thanks. You have been much more helpful than the phone support!