cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

Re: Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

Here's from this afternoon - note times are off by 2:00. A tale of two service level. Not sure how you can fix this one, but will be patient for a bit longer. Great service if you are Dracula! Some of us need to work during the day.
Assistant Professor

I had similar problem six months ago, took about a month and half to get it fixed. I could still browse just fine but downloading or streaming anything was pretty much impossible. Has been fine since the fix.

Try to be patient. If it is fixable they will fix it. A lot has to do with balancing the beam and gateway, and possibly even the servers which actually connect to the internet on the ground side, which is a long process.

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/bit-by-the-slow-daytime-and-nighttime-speed-bug

Thanks. Seems like you have been there done that. The equipment side has been checked out last week. Tech found nothing and said everything has been done in the ground side that can be done. We now wait for the gods in the sky to do their part.
Assistant Professor

You're welcome and yes been there done that. Doesn't hurt to check in at least once a week though to see if any progress. Nice you seem to understand this technology is complicated and problems can take awhile to get fixed. Many people do not, they expect cable like performance and resolutions.
Honorary Alumnus

It does take some time once an issue has been narrowed down to a gateway/server issue.

Just stay on top of the subject.

Lots of bad weather at some gateway locations right now that could impact things for a short period.

It does take a while and it does take patience .. Engineers move at the speed of Engineers. I guess the biggest thing is to make sure the changes they make fix the one thing and not break several others in the process.

Such is the way of Networking.

Tests from this afternoon and evening. I'll set it again for tests throughout the night till morning. Guessing it will yet again reveal the same pattern.

Just like magic! Wish I worked the night shift

is your modem a HT1000 or HT1100?
Associate Professor