cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

rancourtr, noticed the ads on your screen shots. Really should consider installing ad blocker plug-in on browsers. It helps speed up browsing plus saves data.
Highlighted

Good morning rancourtr,

Thank you for the update. I know today our campus is closed, save for essential personnel, due to the aftermath of the winter storm, so there may be a delay on working on this. However, I will continue to keep you updated as soon as I have any news for you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Highlighted

Any preferred blocker plug ins? Haven't really spent much time with the new laptop. Purchased from bestbuy to run hughesnet's required "safe mode" boot tests to confirm it wasn't my laptop. Work laptop has encrypted hardrive and without admin rights it wasn't possible to run the tests which were uneventful to say the least. Should have held firm since I had same issues with all of the devices using wireless (iPhone/iPad/Netflix). Plugging in the Ethernet cable direct made no appreciable difference in speeds. Oh well at least the kids have a laptop to play around with at the cabin now Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

I use Adblock Plus: https://adblockplus.org/
Highlighted

Please let me know if they are making progress. I need to have reliable service by February 19th.
Highlighted

Strange call from technical support to tell me nothing new. They read back the notes in case and indicated it was likely a beam capacity issue. Engineering will continue to work on it. So now what???
Highlighted

Hi rancourtr,

Sometimes that usually is the case, and usually that gets resolved once the engineers have completed adjusted things on the network to address this. I currently have no ETA on any specific action or resolution, but I've pinged my engineering contact to see if he has anything to share. I'll post back once I have an update.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Highlighted

Hi Liz,

I was curious to see if you heard back on your side from engineering. Nothing has been done on the Hughesnet side to resolve the issue that I am aware of. However, they were able to process a new bill for service. I assume they will continue to provide credits to my account until the matter is resolved?

Thank you for your assistance.

Highlighted

Good morning rancourtr,

As of the last update I got Friday night, engineering is still evaluating your beam. In the meantime, yes, I will credit your account for a month of service while they continue to work on addressing speed concerns.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
Highlighted

Aha, just in from engineering: capacity balancing has just been completed, so please let me know if you see any improvement.

Thanks,
Liz