cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get a reliable connection

pentangle
Sophomore

Unable to get a reliable connection

What is going on with my internet connection? Been going out for the last 2 days, can't get a reliable connection, pages time out or take a very long time to load. Frequently, they won't load at all. If I can get into anything and try to watch a video, I get constant buffering. I've restarted the modem and both computers with no change. I pay a high price for typically slow service with a low data cap, but this would be unacceptable at any price.

2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Re: Unable to get a reliable connection

Hi pentangle,

Thanks for posting, I pulled up your account to address your concerns and I see you've already called in and had your case escalated. In the meantime, should you experience another loss in connectivity, please get the state code from the HughesNet modem. 

To do this, visit the System Control Center (SCC) in the modem by entering www.systemcontrolcenter.com in a web browser (no internet connectivity needed). 

Click the System Status light at the top and note the State Code on the next page. The state code will be a series of 3 numbers separated by periods, like 0.0.0 or 24.1.1.

Documenting when the loss of connection occurs along with the state code at that time will help give us a better idea of what's happening. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Re: Unable to get a reliable connection

Good morning pentangle, 

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.