Unable to go to websites on computer or phone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecoalex2
Tutor

Unable to go to websites on computer or phone

I use Linux Mate 20 . I use Firefox , Chrome browsers. I have an android phone. I cannot access some websites now for 3 days. For example a food co-op Azure Standard. Others load quickly, no problem. If all computer and phone browsers have the same problem,with the same few sites, I am thinking it might be the isp? The results are the same, the site does the handshake, yet after that , it keeps trying to continue , then the site times out. Could there be an isp problem?.
71 REPLIES 71
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

What troubleshooting have you done?

I have determined that I have the same problem on 2 platforms- Linux and Android. I have the problem on Firefox, Chrome browsers on computer , and Firefox on Android phone..
maratsade

May be DNS-related. 

To clear a possible DNS problem:
1. Turn off all of the devices using the modem (all phones, iPads, computers, etc.)

2. Unplug the modem's power from the wall socket.

3. Wait a minute, then plug the modem back in.

4. Wait about 5 minutes after all the lights on the modem are back on, then turn all your devices on one-by-one.

I unplugged all devices, the modem, waited 5 mins, then plugged it in. I waited 7 mins before reconnecting the computer. One site that was not loading did load, it took a long time. Another site would not load. Other sites still load, and quickly. . I went thru the procedure again, disconnect all devices, the same times-5 mins off, then 7 mins wait, then attempted to load the site that loaded after the first reboot. This time the site did not load. This seems to show the DNS problem you mentioned. Would it be possible to have my modem evaluated remotely? Thanks

My Hughes email received this message- Thank you for reaching out! We'd love to help out. Have you tried removing and readding the email accounts through your 3rd party client? Thanks, Remy Was this a valid email? I tried to reply, and got a unable to post message, seems strange. What would my Thunderbird email accounts have to do with a DNS problem? Also my request to have my modem looked at remotely was not addressed.
maratsade

It looks like Remy may have posted that reply here in error; it was probably meant for something else, so it got removed. This is why you can't access the message here now. 

ecoalex2,

My apologies! I had accidentally sent this message to you when it was intended to be for another customer I was assisting. I've been looking into your account as well to see if there's something immediate I could note. I went ahead and added a 2GB token to help out with your high-speed monthly data, as I saw you were out. Has this issue happened in the past, or is this the first time?

Thanks,

Remy

ecoalex2
Tutor

Across 3 platforms; Linux, Android, and Kindle, I am unable to load some websites. This problem persists.We try to load www.azurestandard.com , and the site doesn't load.maratsade mentioned a possible DNS problem, but a hard reboot of the modem didn't help.. I asked for a modem scan to possibly see what the problem is. I don't know if this was performed. This problem points to a modem problem. I cannot do anything on this side to fix the problem. I am asking for help in this. Thanks
maratsade

Did you run the procedure to clear the DNS? It is more than just a hard reboot. 

To clear a possible DNS problem:

1. Turn off all of the devices using the modem (all phones, iPads, computers, etc.)

2. Unplug the modem's power from the wall socket.

3. Wait a minute, then plug the modem back in.

4. Wait about 5 minutes after all the lights on the modem are back on, then turn all your devices on one-by-one.

Hi, yes, I did the procedure 2x as I said in yesterday's thread on this. I do need help on this . Is there a button on the modem to reset it? Thanks
maratsade

I do hope that @Remy or @Liz  get involved, but for more immediate assistance, you could try the phone reps and see if they can help. They can guide through the modem reset, too. 

I don't need guidance thru a modem reset, I did the procedure 2x - 1 shut off all devices 2 unplug the modem, wait 2 minutes 3 plug in the modem wait over 5 mins 4 restart devices one at a time. What else is there? I did this 2 x as I mentioned yesterday, in my other thread with the same problem. Now I added a Kindle to the list, so 3 platforms cannot load some websites. 2 loaded yesterday, then would not, the last azure does not at all. I asked for a tech to look at the modem remotely. What else can I do? Thanks

ecoalex,

Have you attempted to disable the WAS through the System Control Center? Here are the steps for doing so: 

1. Go to the SCC (systemcontrolcenter.com) and click on the "i" icon in the top right corner.

2. When the page opens, click on Web Acceleration to expand it.

3. Click on Control.

4. Check Disable Web Acceleration and click Submit.

Please let me know if this change helps with your site access issue! 

Thanks,

Remy

I did disable the web accelerator, and reset the WBX, no change.

I did not see a submit button below the web acceleration controls. I did see the changes made, acknowledged.

ecoalex,

Please click the red restart circle in the advanced menu of the SCC, as this may help fix the DNS issue. Please let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Remy

No change. I reset 2 x it said in red it was a new associated pool, I waited, then refreshed the text in red was gone, but no improvement. I still can't go to www.azurestandard.com , where I need to check on my order.

ecoalex,

Thank you for the update! When you attempt to access the sites, are you getting any error messages?

Thanks,

Remy

I see 2 handshakes, then waiting, then after time, a timeout. The Azure site just keep spinning, it doesn't time out. Some sites, especially financial sites do load, but a few others do not load, time out, or the loading icon just keeps spinning.

ecoalex,

We went ahead and made a couple changes on our end. Can you please try to access the site again?

Thanks,

Remy