Hughesnet Community

Unable to resolve gateway

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nelson5

Unable to resolve gateway

I just received a new modem and installed it as my last one had no lights on kr connectivity. The new modem has no system light on. I have reset the modem and router and checked the cables to the satellite. When on my System Control Center, the System Status is red. When I do the Connectivity Test the messages pop up with “Unable to resolve gateway” and “You do not have connectivity to the gateway.” The Built-In Self Test all the categories say Passed.
Is there something else I can try?
4 REPLIES 4
MarkJFine
Professor

Two possibilities:
1. When you reset the modem, you may have also reset the configuration it needs to find your spot beam.

2. If the configuration was correct, it's possible there's a different communication problem either with the cableing or transceiver on the dish.

Using a computer that's connected to the modem, what is the System State Code when you go to http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/summary?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Nelson5 

When you connected and plugged the new modem in, did you let it sit for at least an hour?  It can take up to an hour to activate.  

How did you "reset" the modem?  Do you mean you power cycled it, or actually pressed the reset button on the back of the modem?  

Amanda

Good morning Nelson5,

Welcome to our community! I've taken a look at your account and see that the service is still down. Using the instructions provided by @MarkJFine above, can you provide the state code from the modem? This will help us greatly in pinpointing the issue.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hello Nelson5,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thank you,

Amanda