Unable to send emails, again...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
takridge
New Poster

Unable to send emails, again...

Every couple of years I am unable to send email and it is happening again.  I can receive emails, but about 2 days ago it happened again.  I have not touched any settings on my phone or my home  computer.  The error says "password or authentication method may be invorrect. Check your outgoing server settings."  Does anyone have a fix?

It is about time to scrap ole hughesnet and go to US Cellular.

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Hopefully one of the reps will reply tomorrow.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, though Damian is sometimes on later than that.  

Damian

@takridge,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. The issue you are experiencing can happen from time to time when the server experiences an issue. This does not affect all customers but it can be a repeat problem for some. Our engineers are aware of this and have made progress reducing the amount of times this happens. Eventually, it will not happen at all. My best recommendation is to use a different email service for the time being. Email receiving will return to normal shortly if it hasn't already. You shouldn't need to change any server settings as the error message can also represent a general issue. 

In regard to switching to another provider, we respect your decision if your needs no longer match what our service can provide.

-Damian