Unable to stream still (Update)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaiserfamily
Sophomore

Unable to stream still (Update)

I thought I had my data fixed back in September. I was even able to get a technician to come out thanks to @Liz https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Unable-to-stream-still-Update/m-p/104523#M71419 but even that didn't help. The tech who came out from Columbus said all new wires and drilling new holes in our walls and brick would not solve the problem. His only suggestion was to change services, maybe AT&T fiber but obviously I can't do that since no wires out here. My final course of action because I can not take it anymore:

1. Buy a cell service hotspot for the house if I can find a good enough deal.

or 

2. Get a hard line again and go to Dial up because my speed on dial up would still be faster.

One last question prior to implementing option. How much does it cost to cancel service prior to the end of the 2 year service agreement?

21 REPLIES 21
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Indogwetrust,

Since this is not a social site but a tech support site, it'd be best if you remained in the thread you created here  and not add to other threads unless you are providing tech support or advice. Each situation is different and the Hughesnet staff and your fellow customers prefer to address each situation individually. 

Great handle, by the way.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@indogwetrust wrote:

Hi Kaiserfam, I am very new to hughsnet and having a similiar problem. I've noticed in the evening the connection is so slow that video cant be streamed at any quality. Do you notice yours to be slower in the evening? I get decent numbers during the day but when I test at night I see like .1 or .2 mpbs and the video my wife is trying to watch is constantly freezing. Of course these are our few minutes to try to relax during the day and there is goes freezing again. I'm sure you know how it goes. 

Great handle, btw.