Unable to use Zoom

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ampeloi
New Poster

Unable to use Zoom

Just signed up on Tuesday and I am unable to have a zoom Broadcast . Persons cant hear me. Its so slow anyway to increase thte speeds for upload / download i have the 50 package already will purchasing data tokens help

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I wouldn't use it. It will eat your data allowance in no time and you'll spend a lot of money on tokens.  I speak from experience. 

ampeloi wrote:

Just signed up on Tuesday and I am unable to have a zoom Broadcast . Persons cant hear me. Its so slow anyway to increase thte speeds for upload / download i have the 50 package already will purchasing data tokens help

GabeU

I believe Zoom is one of the applications that's included in the current prioritization policy, as it's used by so many for schooling.  

Michael57
Senior

You can try using the zoom phone number for the audio portion.  That would allow you to hear others and for others to hear you, regardless of your internet speed. 

Otherwise, the HN network is running at capacity because of the pandemic, although they are prioritizing business apps (not sure if zoom would be among them) speeds are often too slow for good video streaming.

maratsade

I've been able to use Zoom; the problem for me has been it eats a lot of data very fast and I've had to buy tokens.  Unfortunately, the phone option doesn't work for me because where I live the towers aren't enough to provide adequate coverage.  But it's a good idea to use Zoom that way if it works for others. 

EDIT: I agree that pandemic-related issues may be affecting the OP's ability to use Zoom. 

Michael57 wrote:

You can try using the zoom phone number for the audio portion.  That would allow you to hear others and for others to hear you, regardless of your internet speed. 

I use zoom, but it hasn't been too bad on my data.  It likely depends on your usage though.  If you have your camera on and so do others, that's probably using a lot more than not having the video running or even just viewing a presentation/screen share.  Audio over the phone may also help, though I suspect that is still getting transferred to your machine.

I don't have cell coverage at all at my location, so I use the HN voice service which does the job.

maratsade

I did sessions without the camera, but others had their cameras on.  Can't do anything that involves the phone. I have cell coverage but it's not the best for things like Zoom.  Works acceptably if not stellarly for other things. 

I would imagine the Zoom experience may vary depending on who knows how many factors. 

@maratsade wrote:

I did sessions without the camera, but others had their cameras on.  Can't do anything that involves the phone. I have cell coverage but it's not the best for things like Zoom.  Works acceptably if not stellarly for other things. 

Are you just dialing in and not using the Internet Audio option?  If so, I would think that that should behave like any other audio call, weird if it doesn't.

@maratsade wrote:

I would imagine the Zoom experience may vary depending on who knows how many factors. 

Good point.

maratsade

Yes, I'm dialing in, but where I live, audio calls are wonky and tend to go in and out.   🙂

Liz

Hi ampeloi,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I hope Michael's suggestions helped. You can also check out additional tips here: https://www.hninfo.us/worktips

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!