cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbridled Bonus Bytes? -Fun While It Lasted

Unbridled Bonus Bytes? -Fun While It Lasted

Since I've been using the Gen4 bonus bytes, I've always wondered why nothing was being tracked as used during the 2-8am period. I wasn't gonna say anything but it sure was sweet- still is for the moment. Got an email from Hughes telling me about a new status meterthat helps me track both anytime and bonus bytes. Guess all counters are on now. Looks like we early on customers got a break for a good 6 mos.

That's ok, I knew it was coming but it was fun while it lasted.
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Unbridled Bonus Bytes? -Fun While It Lasted

Jack, thank you for your post. I'm glad to hear that you took advantage of our relaxed data restrictions for the last few months. Our new status meter will help to keep track of your used Bonus Bytes. Please be sure that you download the new status meter once it becomes available (starting this week). Thank you, Sara
Highlighted

Well that Really Sucks now!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is a rip off myself. As with the old service before I got Gen4 you had unlimited downloading between the "free" hours. Now with Gen4 you pay $112 a month for restrictions all the time!

My son isn't happy with the change. What he like the best the time we had during that period, our Bonus Byte time would end at 10 am. That gave him 2 to 3 hours of watching videos, now he might have 1 hour for video watching.

I have been lied to and trapped by hughes net ... I will do everything in my power to get the service i was promised. i have put in a complaint with the FCC and will go as far as i have to go... at the bottom of this page it says " GET EMOTIONAL" thats a slap in customers face. Is that what you want customers to do! Wellb You Got It...Thieves

Hi Klay, I'm very sorry to hear that you feel that you were misled. Please know that we have posted this information here http://www.hughesnet.com/index.cfm?pa... to make sure that customers are aware of Bonus Bytes and Anytime Bytes before they sign up for Gen4.

We have never advertised that Gen4 would offer unlimited bandwidth, and please know that Bonus Byte time being unlimited was temporary, and we had explained this from the beginning so that customers would expect their Bonus Bytes to be counted as they were originally informed.

Bonus Bytes and Anytime Bytes would have been explained during your sales call, however if this didn't happen, please post your case number so that I can pull your sales call recording for review and make sure that you are taken care of.

Suz

i was not informed about this small detail... that has become a big deal... i have these case numbers #34799818 and #34977551 these should be the ending of my old contract and the beginning of my new contract. I have more but these i remember.. in the box above says nothing about temporary or promotion which is 2 of the explanations ive been given... it simply left out the word unlimited but you would not have this problem if customers were not told by hughes net that off peak hrs are unlimited . i also record my and hughsnet conversations, this is for your safety as well as my own ...what hughes net needs to understand is that your selling people a dream...when you say satilite is as good as dsl or dial up.... reality becomes a dream ...it just dosent measure up... but the customer is paying far more for satilite than dsl or dial up...unlimited was a bonus how can you say Bonus Bytes when the customer is paying the full price. why dont you just say to customers you want to be paid for off peak time as well as peak time...thats what it comes down to ... or cut everyones internet off at night since there is no bonus....

I have the same problem as an above poster. Our installer (A HughesNet contractor) informed us that this would be permanent due to HughesNet losing business to other internet services. Now it suddenly isn't. This is 4 days AFTER our trial period ended and our contract engaged. I am very upset that the contractor had intentionally misled us and had not informed us that this was temporary we most likely would have gone with another service, but now we can't without a penalty.

A LiveChat operator gave us tokens, but tokens are a poor substitute for unlimited browsing. The sad thing is that the contractor didn't even set up an account with hughesnet for us. The LiveChat operator had to attach an email. Poor service. Case number for the LiveChat is: 36584173

And I apologize for any crassness or rudeness as my anger is not directed at a specific customer care rep, but at the faceless entity that is the hughesnet corporation and the contractor that gave us the false information.