cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unethical Sales Practices

Re: Unethical Sales Practices

How much is it if u don't mind me asking

Amanda, the serial number is B3 0010983995 AP. I really hope someone can get to the bottom of this. We will be canceling the service soon and I'd like to cancel it on good terms.
Honorary Alumnus

Bridget,

There is no singular "it" for the Apple Macintosh computer line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh

Like other computer related equipment Apple offers a range of products starting with a entry level and ending with their most expensive top end model.

As to Facebook using a lot of data ... well it CAN, depending on settings and user habit.

Auto-start of videos can use a lot of data. That function can be turned off as well as ad blocking extensions for browsers will reduce unnecessary data usage.

There are programs such as Facebook Purity that can be installed that allow easier access and finer control of Facebooks "offerings".

It's just me and my husband. We have an iMac, a MacBook and two iPhones. But they aren't always connected or turned on. One day this past month we apparently used 4,000 mb and we weren't even home at all that day and any connected devices were out of the house or completely off.

I'm assuming it was an independent sales rep since when we got DirectTV at the time satellite was our only option so they transferred us to HughesNet.
Highlighted

I turn the power off to my modem and router when not in use. I use the "Activity Monitor" utility to see what is going on. I suspect some "Auto Update" possibly?
I'm using an "Airport Extreme" router for my WIFI, works very well. There were a couple of updates lately, iTunes I think? Check for other networks as I have three neighbors that show up on Airport.
Honorary Alumnus

Is your router password protected ?

Besides the above do you have encryption enabled on the wireless portion of your router so that only authorized devices can connect ?

Carefully go through all settings on all computers and devices to ensure that all cloud and sync functions are disabled.

When shutting down do a true "power off" not just sleep or hibernate.

An average of 333 MB per day is going to take very careful management.

Having phones with access to your Wi-Fi can be a big problem.

Honorary Alumnus

What does this tell ya?  LOL.  I think I'll hold off on that Mac

Ditto:

Distinguished Professor III

Wow!  That's a lot of Token Bytes.  Did you buy all of those? 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

It's password protected. Only our devices can access our router. We did all these things in our first month. We even stopped having our phones run off of the wifi the second month to see if there was a change. It will say we used very little data on the monitor app. Then magically it's all gone. When my husband told me we reached our data cap I was mad since we barely used it and I upped our cell phone data and started using Facebook on cellphone data.