cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexplainable Overages

Unexplainable Overages

Here's the dilemma:
We're getting these huge, unexpected data overages. It's happened more than once, and HughesNet doesn't seem to know what to do about it.

Today, for example, the Dashboard shows between 7-10 am we somehow downloaded 926 MB of data -- almost double our daily limit. All while one (1) device, a laptop, was connected to HughesNet and was being used for routine surfing -- checking e-mail, reading websites, stuff like that. There was no streaming going on.
What's more puzzling is this: From 3-4 pm, we somehow downloaded 150 MB ... AFTER I HAD TURNED OFF THE MODEM.

It required three (3) tokens to be used in the span of a few hours to get service restored. That, an a less-than-reassuring stint with customer support.

How can this be happening? How can it be stopped? How the bleep can 150 MB be downloaded WHEN THE MODEM IS TURNED OFF?
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unexplainable Overages

Good morning logan.jenn,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly help if we find there's something up with the HughesNet modem. Please follow the illustrated steps Bill has posted. This will determine whether there's any data usage from the HughesNet modem while it's isolated.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Re: Unexplainable Overages

Hi logan.jenn,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->