cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy with service

New Poster

Unhappy with service

I have had the service for a little over a month and it is terrible. Works fine during the day but at night when my family and I sit down to watch Neflix it buffers every 10 seconds. I spent 2.5 Hours on the phone doing tests and they told me my speeds were fine. Had a technician come out and he told me the speed was fine and he didn't know why it was so slow at night. WHAT can I do to convince them that it doesn't work for me at night? 

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Unhappy with service

@Elizabeth2

Have you tried pausing, or turning off, the Video Data Saver when streaming to see if it makes any difference?  

What is Video Data Saver?

Keep in mind that streaming in HD will use a LOT of data.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Advanced Tutor

Re: Unhappy with service

HughesNet is aware that your service is slow in the evenings, as that is the "prime time" when everyone is trying to use the internet. That being said, the best way to prove to HN that there is a problem is to run speed tests as soon as you encounter the problem. It certainly puts a damper on Family Movie Time, but it needs to be done.