cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Data Options

Unlimited Data Options

So I've been trying to decide between DishNetwork Gen4 or a Verizon Unlimited Data plan that you can get at GetUnlimitedData.com 

Dish's Gen 4 supports speeds of 15 Mbps
GetUnlimitedData.com supports speeds of 80 Mbps 

Dish has a DownloadCap
GetUnlimitedData.com has Unlimited Data

So I wanted to ask the community about their experience with DishNetwork Gen4
What's been your experience? I've heard that you can easily eat up a GB an hour if you stream Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime Instant Video
17 REPLIES 17
Advanced Tutor

Re: Unlimited Data Options

If you'll get unlimited data, and you're going to do a lot of streaming, and the price is comparable, then go with Verizon Unlimited. Just make sure it does what they say it does at your location for the price. Cell signal coverage is highly variable, and 4G is not available everywhere.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

I'd go for it in a skinny minute if our cell coverage was reliable.  Sadly, ours is not...

Alan,

Thanks for the input. I definitely like to stream and I use a lot of data because of that. It's a nice thought to be able to have the freedom of Unlimited Data.  I looked into the GetUnlimitedData.com option a bit more. The coverage is the same as Verizon and it's Business Class service so there's no throttling, and the price is definitely doable. 

So it looks like I may go that route They were really helpful. Trish I did ask them about cell coverage, they said that they can ship out a booster unit to Amp up the signal if the signal is weak. 
New Poster

Be careful jim I checked into this company and they told me that yes they do have it in my area and the cost would be $129 a month and $50 for the jetpack but the catch is that Verzion has stopped selling the unlimited plan but this company bought up a set number of these unlimited accounts so it may work for a month or a year but they wont guarantee that the service will last for any set period of time then you will have to change to a standard prepaid plan and the data caps will then be less than Hughes and for more money

Another consideration, most of those companies offer these plans then once a set time period ends jack the price through the roof. Or find ways to tack on nonsense charges. 

I do use the Verizon jet pack/hot spot (never can remember which I have) but I don't use that much bandwidth each month. I've only had one outage in the year plus that I've had it. Speeds are very consistent. 
New Poster

Im only about a mile from a Verizon 4G tower so I would get the best signal you could get but I questioned the guy about how long I would be able to keep that unlimited plan he wouldn't give  me a straight answer but he said if for some reason it did get disconnected then that's it, its over and then I would have to go through verzion and use it as a prepaid with a small data plan otherwise I would jump on it in a split second but no way based on what he said.

Charles I talked to them too,  and the Gentlemen I spoke with was very professional and straight forward with me. I asked for some clarification based on what you said. They do Guarantee Service for the life of your account, they specialize in servicing Business and Corp data needs. They said  once you get Unlimited Data that you'll be able to maintain an Unlimited Data plan.

However if your disconnect service for more than two months and try to get back on there may be a waiting period because of the high demand. The Unlimited Data will still be there though.  So that's understandable because you can't expect to disconnect service for several months and then pick it back up with something that is rare and in high demand like that. I don't know why you would want to keep it, and then drop it and rehook back up.  
I did ask if the scenario were to arise if they could work something out, if you give them notice they can make arrangements with you to keep a Unlimited Data Line available like if you were being deployed, etc..

Charles If I only lived a mile from a 4G tower I would be all over that. Verizon 4G output preforms a lot of cable speeds. With Verizon's new XLTE I've seen a lot of people hit more than 60Mbps.

4G LTE would enable soo many more applications, Satellite seems to have way too much latency to do very much. 
New Poster

The guy I talked to said that since verizon no longer offers an unlimited plan and that they only had a few left in this area then if for some reason, such as financial hardship or anything like that even if it was only for a month if you you did not pay the full amount even if you were not able to use it then you would more than likely not be able to get it back and would have to start a prepaid account with verizon, so today I called verizon and asked them if this company was on the up and up and verzion said that whoever this was was not an authorized distributor for their service and wanted to know the link to their website which I gave them. according to verizon its not legal to by a bunch of data plans from them then sublease them which ids what they are doing so I'll just stick with a trusted company like Hughes but you feel free to sign up with them
Assistant Professor

Busted!