cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unprofessional installation and slow download speeds

Re: Unprofessional installation and slow download speeds

Just what the engineers need, thanks for the results link BlevinsHomestea! I'd like to escalate this to our engineers here at corporate for their insight. Please provide some additional information (these are things our engineers tend to ask):

What were you trying to do online that prompted checking your speeds?

If you're trying to stream video, describe your experience.

Where are you trying to stream? (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.)

On which device?

If you are having difficulty accessing a certain website(s), which one(s)?

Or are you trying to log into a site?

The more details about what you were attempting to do will help the engineers narrow their focus. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Professor

LOL

@GabeU wrote:

It's just one of those goofy things that can't really be explained, like the Platypus.  Smiley Tongue 

Sure no problem. Here are my answers to each question.

What were you trying to do online that prompted checking your speeds? I am an IT Network Engineer by trade. This was a new installation that the speeds should have been tested during installation. They werent. I tested speeds when the installer was leaving. I tried all basic network triage to fix it. This is a new installation that the speeds have never been close to 25 megs down.

If you're trying to stream video, describe your experience. Never tried because download speeds werent fadt enough yet.

Where are you trying to stream? (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.)NONE

On which device? NONE

If you are having difficulty accessing a certain website(s), which one(s)? Nope. Just speed tests direct to the modem via LAN connected to PC

Or are you trying to log into a site? No

The more details about what you were attempting to do will help the engineers narrow their focus.

As stated above im just trying to get the speeds as agreed upon. Looking for 25 megs down and 3up. If you have tested and said im getting 26megs at the modem then the LAN out the modem is not producing 26 out. Pings also drop out and are not consistent.

Gotcha, thanks, that simplifies things. Let me compile this info and send it up. I'll post back once I have any news to share from engineering.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi BlevinsHomestea,

Looks like an engineer is looking into this already, I just got off the phone with him. He's looking into something regarding your case currently, but as of right now he's seeing that speeds should be good. If you're still there, can you please run some new tests to confirm?

Thanks,
Liz

New tests ran. No change. Ranges from 2.79 to 11.44.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/bblevins
Highlighted

Good morning BlevinsHomestea,

Thank you for running the latest tests. Engineering is suggesting a site visit for you. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Oct 10, 2019 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,
Liz

Ok thank you

Good morning BlevinsHomestea,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,
Liz