Unprofessional installation and slow download speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlevinsHomestea
Freshman

Unprofessional installation and slow download speeds

I had hughesnet installed just on October 2nd 2019 and since then had horrible speeds and service.  The installer never tested my speeds or worked with me before he left. He forced me to sign something on his device but didnt tell me what it was for.  When he was pulling out of the driveway I tested the speed and had less than 3 megs down.  Since then hughenest technical teams every time I call try to blame it on the weather or say I need to wait 2 days for a call back. I really think I need my system checked onsite by a different technician.  Below are my test results. You will see I am not getting the 25 megs down as promised. These tests were done connected directly to hughesnet router, wifi is off, and cable was tested. I also conducted constant pings to 8.8.8.8 and there were numerous time outs with super high latency.  I NEED HELP! 

MY TEST RESULTS 

18 REPLIES 18
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@BlevinsHomestea 

The link you gave to your test results doesn't work.  It's not clickable. 

Still, the reps will be able to check your system to see if anything's amiss.  If you normally don't, make sure to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in so that they can do so.

Liz

Hi BlevinsHomestea, 

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. As Gabe said, the link doesn't send us anywhere. Could you please try again? Please be sure you ran the tests using the 25 MB file size for the most accurate results.

I ran diagnostics on your site and currently everything is working normally; the HughesNet modem is getting 26.7 Mbps in download speeds. Looking forward to seeing your TestMy.Net results.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Here are the results. Yes I used 25MB down for test. I also did constant ping of 8.8.8.8 and the ping failes once every 20 or 30.  This test is directly from the modem and the cable was tested good. Something is not correct. 

mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ssTypeTest SizeScore MbpsScore MB/sComputer IDISP / HostExtra IdentifierTest ID

10/7/2019 19:42DN25 MB2.350.292.30859E+13Unknown60------xQR8Dq6tg
10/7/2019 19:29UP3 MB0.470.062.30859E+13Unknown60------ynXvgJQo~
10/7/2019 19:28DN25 MB2.990.372.30859E+13Unknown60------13LZkHGR8
10/7/2019 19:23UP3 MB1.770.222.30859E+13Unknown60------h8Gb2~Jq2
10/7/2019 19:22DN25 MB6.180.772.30859E+13Unknown60------oVedzH8OA
10/7/2019 19:19UP3 MB2.450.312.30859E+13Unknown60------MVT36kd1M
10/7/2019 19:19DN25 MB1.490.192.30859E+13Unknown60------_AyY1ntmF
10/7/2019 19:13UP3 MB2.40.32.30859E+13Unknown60------YAg61TMHF
10/7/2019 19:13DN25 MB2.590.322.30859E+13Unknown60------gy2AAQigf
10/7/2019 19:09UP3 MB1.860.232.30859E+13Unknown60------3bUotH5fm
10/7/2019 19:08DN25 MB1.790.222.30859E+13Unknown60------PbgPdEX8O
10/7/2019 19:02DN25 MB9.051.132.30859E+13Unknown60------KArKAmNzG
10/7/2019 19:01UP25 MB2.720.342.30859E+13Unknown60------0yPP6keA~
10/7/2019 18:59DN25 MB9.961.252.30859E+13Unknown60------6~NC95zEF
10/7/2019 18:58DN25 MB7.550.942.30859E+13Unknown60------o4Kkjf-4f
GabeU

@BlevinsHomestea 

Going forward, it would be best for you to create an account at testmy.net and run your tests under that account.  When tests are done in this way, your results URL can be posted, which will enable the reps/engineers to not only see the test results in one place, but also the aspects of each test, which they can't do otherwise.  The information that they will be able to see by doing this can be an important aspect in the troubleshooting of your speed issue.  

Hi gabe. I did that last week. That is where these tests and results came from. Not sure why the link dont work but that is what I used.
maratsade

You can format the link like this:

https://testmy.net/quickstats/username

Just replace the word "username" with the username you use for Testmy.net. 

BlevinsHomestea wrote:
Hi gabe. I did that last week. That is where these tests and results came from. Not sure why the link dont work but that is what I used.

GabeU

@BlevinsHomestea wrote:

If you can tell me the account name, I can find one of the tests and get the link from it and post it for you.  Or, if you sign into your testmy account and click on Results on the upper right, you'll see the URL needed in the address bar on your Results page.  It will look like the following, but with your account name, not mine, and you can copy and paste it into the reply.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Gabe1972

GabeU

@BlevinsHomestea wrote:
https://testmy.net/quickstats/bblevins

Perfect. 🙂  

Edit:  I just realized why I couldn't find your test results when I was searching before.  Sometimes testmy, for whatever reason, doesn't identify the provider.  I was searching through the HughesNet provider results around the times of your tests, but because testmy didn't identify your provider as HughesNet, they weren't in those results.  It does that with mine once in a while, too.  It doesn't affect the reps/engineers ability to troubleshoot or anything like that.  It's just one of those goofy things that can't really be explained, like the Platypus.  😛 

maratsade

LOL

@GabeU wrote:

It's just one of those goofy things that can't really be explained, like the Platypus.  😛 

Just what the engineers need, thanks for the results link BlevinsHomestea! I'd like to escalate this to our engineers here at corporate for their insight. Please provide some additional information (these are things our engineers tend to ask):

What were you trying to do online that prompted checking your speeds?

If you're trying to stream video, describe your experience.

Where are you trying to stream? (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.)

On which device?

If you are having difficulty accessing a certain website(s), which one(s)?

Or are you trying to log into a site?

The more details about what you were attempting to do will help the engineers narrow their focus. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Sure no problem. Here are my answers to each question.

What were you trying to do online that prompted checking your speeds? I am an IT Network Engineer by trade. This was a new installation that the speeds should have been tested during installation. They werent. I tested speeds when the installer was leaving. I tried all basic network triage to fix it. This is a new installation that the speeds have never been close to 25 megs down.

If you're trying to stream video, describe your experience. Never tried because download speeds werent fadt enough yet.

Where are you trying to stream? (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.)NONE

On which device? NONE

If you are having difficulty accessing a certain website(s), which one(s)? Nope. Just speed tests direct to the modem via LAN connected to PC

Or are you trying to log into a site? No

The more details about what you were attempting to do will help the engineers narrow their focus.

As stated above im just trying to get the speeds as agreed upon. Looking for 25 megs down and 3up. If you have tested and said im getting 26megs at the modem then the LAN out the modem is not producing 26 out. Pings also drop out and are not consistent.

Gotcha, thanks, that simplifies things. Let me compile this info and send it up. I'll post back once I have any news to share from engineering.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Hi BlevinsHomestea,

Looks like an engineer is looking into this already, I just got off the phone with him. He's looking into something regarding your case currently, but as of right now he's seeing that speeds should be good. If you're still there, can you please run some new tests to confirm?

New tests ran. No change. Ranges from 2.79 to 11.44.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/bblevins

Good morning BlevinsHomestea,

Thank you for running the latest tests. Engineering is suggesting a site visit for you. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Oct 10, 2019 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Ok thank you

Good morning BlevinsHomestea,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.