Unstable internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAlbright67
New Poster

Unstable internet

I called last weekend and they were supposed to escalate my case, but no one has called yet and it is so bad tonight that our Hughes Net phone won't allow me to make a call to call support. It is our only phone we have no cell service here. I can't even run the speed test it is so bad. 

Please help!

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Can you access this page?  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

If so, what's the number next to State Code?

The state code is 14.1.3 

New code 30.1.1

maratsade

The second one is a web acceleration error; the first one may be reporting something wrong with your setup.  Someone else here may have more information about this and may have an idea if there's anything you can do on your side. 

The HN staff on this site can run remote diagnostics on your system, but they won't be back until Monday, unfortunately.

GabeU

@SAlbright67 

I've never seen a 14.1.3 State Code and I can't find any info on it, but judging by those with similar numbers it likely has something to do with device connection, whether via LAN cable or WiFi.  If you see it again try to get the description next to it. 

If you have another LAN cable you may want to try it in place of the one connecting the ATA to the modem.   

The Web Acceleration issue may be temporary.

SAlbright67
New Poster

image.png

SAlbright67
New Poster

image.png

SAlbright67
New Poster

image.png

GabeU

@SAlbright67  

First and foremost, you should either remove the pictures or edit/crop them to remove the SAN, as the SAN is your account number, which should never be posted in public.  You can edit your posts by clicking on the three dots to the upper right of the post and clicking "Edit Reply".   

As for the 14.1.3 State Code, it's as I figured, with it indicating some kind of device connectivity issue.  With the problems you're experiencing and the State Codes your'e seeing it's definitely something the reps will have to help with.  As maratsade mentioned, they'll be back tomorrow, and one should reply then.  Make sure to leave your modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment in order to determine the cause of the issue.  

@Liz @Damian

@SAlbright67,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. After running diagnostics, it appears your equipment is fully operational, however, the signal quality for the dish outside seems to be fluctuating from poor to excellent. This could be due to the fact that your dish is on the pole configuration, which can result in a shift out of alignment sometimes. This frequent change of signal quality could be what is causing the unstable service. 

In light of this, I would like to send out a technician. The technician will be re-pointing the dish and performing other preventative measures to maintain the repair. Please private message me with days and times that would work best for you. Keep in mind scheduling an appointment for a specific day may be difficult depending on the availability of the technician. Because of this, I will review the schedule based on your answers and present you with the ones that match the closest. Also, please include a primary email and the name and phone number of the person most likely to be there for the repair, in your private message to me. This person does not have to be yourself, but they must be over 18 years old.

-Damian