cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusually Slow Speeds and Regular Disconnects

Highlighted
Sophomore

Re: Unusually Slow Speeds and Regular Disconnects

I'm seeing this more often than I should too. 

Web Acceleration.png

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Colby 

A signal strength of 93 is pretty decent.

For reference, your gateway is in Boise, ID, which is sunny right now. This way, if you're ever having issues at a later time, you can check (if you have a way to check at the time) the weather in Boise to see if that could be affecting your service.  It normally takes "heavier" weather at the gateway to affect your service in the way that weather does at your own location, as the dish at the gateway is much larger and the signal much stronger, but it can still be affected, nonetheless.  Weather problems at the gateway also tend to be very short lived.  

Hopefully you'll hear back from @Remy, or even one of the other reps, like @Liz or @Damian, soon.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Associate Professor

@Colby 
The ground stations in both Boise (where your's is) and Missoula are having issues and are being worked.

#patience

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine wrote: 

The ground stations in both Boise (where your's is) and Missoula are having issues and are being worked. 

I thought there had been a second one mentioned (in addition to Missoula), but I couldn't remember which one it was.  I have since found the post.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Associate Professor

I'm getting concerned, because I think I'm beginning to see the beginnings of this on SDO as well. Real long dropouts, broken pipes during sftp... very strange behavior.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Is this an issue with ground stations or with CL?

@MarkJFine wrote:

I'm getting concerned, because I think I'm beginning to see the beginnings of this on SDO as well. Real long dropouts, broken pipes during sftp... very strange behavior.

Highlighted

I wonder if the mods could get an update on this situation.

@MarkJFine wrote:

#patience

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Don't think this is CL because I'm seeing massive delays before it even gets to CL.

Highlighted

Well, bollix.  Smiley Frustrated

@MarkJFine wrote:

Don't think this is CL because I'm seeing massive delays before it even gets to CL.

Highlighted

Colby,

If you were on site when the technician arrived and worked on your service, were you able to see what exactly he did? I've been looking and waiting for an update, but on our end it states you still have a bad alignment and there isn't mention of what exactly the technician did on site, as there normally is. It shows that he went out there and completed a repair, but no mention of what that repair was.

Thanks,

Remy