cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusually Slow Speeds and Regular Disconnects

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Unusually Slow Speeds and Regular Disconnects

The problem I am having is slow speeds, videos pause, pause, pause. The last video I ran had 6 pauses in the first 1.04 Minutes.

Contacted Hughesnet technical support 5 times now. They made changes that lasted a while but did not last very long.

Any help appreciated.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@dlwy3k 

To receive support and/or advice for your issue, please start a new topic in Tech Support, which you can do here.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
New Poster

Videos pause, pause, pause. The last video paused 6 times in 1.04 minutes.

My wifi phone will not work on Hughesnet wifi. Works fine on other wifi networks.

Contacted Hughesnet technical support 5 times. They did their thing. The pausing started again within the hour.

Any help appreciated.

dlw

Connectivity TestConnectivity TestSystem InformationSystem Information

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@dlwy3k 

You are now being quite rude.  Please STOP piggybacking on another person's topic and start your own, as instructed.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Sophomore

@Remy, I wasn't on site when the tech came. A tech called a day earlier (from regular scheduled appointment) and asked if he could go ahead and come out. Since my wife happened to be off work, she told him to come on. She said that two guys showed up. One guy stayed in the truck while the other guy appeared to tighten something on the back of the dish. She said he had some device "like a cell phone" that was beeping during the process. Told her we were not aligned properly, but fixed. He also said that we would "still be slow" because of FAP. She says that he was here for maybe 15 or 20 minutes.

I knew something had to be going on because I continue to lose connection on a regular basis.

Thanks for any help!

Highlighted

Colby,

Unfortunately, since it's still cycling through errors, I'm going to need you to unplug your modem again. Please let me know what time frame it will be down so I can go ahead and create a new dispatch to be sent out to you!

Thanks,

Remy

Highlighted
Sophomore

Ok, that sounds good. I can leave it unplugged Sunday night (8/30/2020) until Monday evening. 

Thanks!

Highlighted

Colby,

Quick apology, I set up your dispatch yesterday, and entirely forgot to update you through the community! Your new dispatch is currently scheduled for Friday, Sep 4, 2020 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. Again, if you need to reschedule, the technician should call before arriving, and of course, the fees associated are waived! Please let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Remy

Highlighted
Sophomore

@Remy No problem! I'll be here for the appointment. Thanks!