Unusually Slow Speeds and Regular Disconnects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colby
Sophomore

Unusually Slow Speeds and Regular Disconnects

Hey guys. For the past two or three weeks (maybe longer) I've been having unusually slow speeds and regular disconnects. I know I am currently in FAP right now, but this issue has been present even when at full data (in the past the connection is usually ok, even when FAP). With past issues, usually restarting the system would correct the issue, but not this time around. I was hoping this would correct itself, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm really hoping to get some help resolving the issue, because this connection is barely usable. I understand more people are at home using the service during COVID, but still, I'm paying for a service I can barely use.

For example, it took me several attempts to load this page to make a post. When trying to load a Youtube video, the video will often not even load at all. Even when pausing and letting it sit for a while. Also, images often won't load on websites such as Facebook, reddit, etc. This occurs on all devices (my laptop, iPhone, and wife's iPhone).

On the diagnostics page most columns are filled with red X's under "uplink". Not sure if this helps or not.

Thanks for any help!

28 REPLIES 28

Ok, that sounds good. I can leave it unplugged Sunday night (8/30/2020) until Monday evening. 

Thanks!

Colby,

Quick apology, I set up your dispatch yesterday, and entirely forgot to update you through the community! Your new dispatch is currently scheduled for Friday, Sep 4, 2020 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. Again, if you need to reschedule, the technician should call before arriving, and of course, the fees associated are waived! Please let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Remy

@Remy No problem! I'll be here for the appointment. Thanks!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Colby 

A signal strength of 93 is pretty decent.

For reference, your gateway is in Boise, ID, which is sunny right now. This way, if you're ever having issues at a later time, you can check (if you have a way to check at the time) the weather in Boise to see if that could be affecting your service.  It normally takes "heavier" weather at the gateway to affect your service in the way that weather does at your own location, as the dish at the gateway is much larger and the signal much stronger, but it can still be affected, nonetheless.  Weather problems at the gateway also tend to be very short lived.  

Hopefully you'll hear back from @Remy, or even one of the other reps, like @Liz or @Damian, soon.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

The problem I am having is slow speeds, videos pause, pause, pause. The last video I ran had 6 pauses in the first 1.04 Minutes.

Contacted Hughesnet technical support 5 times now. They made changes that lasted a while but did not last very long.

Any help appreciated.

GabeU

@dlwy3k 

To receive support and/or advice for your issue, please start a new topic in Tech Support, which you can do here.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

Videos pause, pause, pause. The last video paused 6 times in 1.04 minutes.

My wifi phone will not work on Hughesnet wifi. Works fine on other wifi networks.

Contacted Hughesnet technical support 5 times. They did their thing. The pausing started again within the hour.

Any help appreciated.

dlw

Connectivity TestConnectivity TestSystem InformationSystem Information

GabeU

@dlwy3k 

You are now being quite rude.  Please STOP piggybacking on another person's topic and start your own, as instructed.