Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bare65
Advanced Tutor

Update: Slight Improvement This AM

@Liz

hn1.png

I know you said there is no 'fix' or other major engineering plans for this beam that you recently switched me to (72)...but something's gotta give.

At least on my old beam (71) and gateway (15), I was seeing better download speeds more often, upwards of 6 Mbps..

This whole kbps during the day and evening hours is getting old...

I'll take this mornings 6.30am speed test result ( 13 Mbps) and run with it. Perhaps it will last past 7.30am..perhaps not.

That remians to be seen...

If nothing else, hopefully, this morning, I can finally work on some of my courses.

At 8.30 last night, the only thing I was seeing is circles...237 circles to be exact.

hn1.png

5 REPLIES 5
monicakm
Senior

Bare65, hopefully that download number will stick or better yet, get better!  My downloads were bismal too, just like everyone else.  1-3Mbps download was common.  A few tests were < 1Mbps.  Several days ago I got a HUGE boost in speed.  Back to where it was last spring when I upgraded to Gen 5.  I got an email describing the fix and a couple of phone calls asking if my speed problems were fixed.  Here is a copy of the letter and my download numbers of late.  My smart home devices and I are doing the happy dance again 🙂  Good luck to you and everyone else!

Capture.JPG

TSC credit td span{font-family:Arial,sans-serif}td a{font-family:Arial,sans-serif}

This is an update to your Customer Care escalation. Hughes engineers are actively setting up processes to open new capacity in several Gen5 regions. This expansion will optimize performance across the entire network. We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you updated. As a courtesy we are providing a 3 month credit to your HughesNet account in the amount of $20.00 each month.

We appreciate your continued patience as we work to improve your HughesNet experience.

@monicakm

pffft...no such luck..

as you can see from the screen shot below, the 13 Mbps download speed at 6.30am was shortlived..

I'm back around the 1.7Mbps, and have no doubts I'll be in the Kbps by lunchtime.

hn1.png

It's pretty sad that my overall speeds now are slower than they were when I was a Gen 4 customer pointed to the Spaceway 3 satellite, using an HN9000 modem.

so how about pointing me back to Beam 71, Gateway 15?

Beam 72, Gateway 8 is a BUST...

Hi bare65,

Thanks for this news, let me look into that for you. 

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

bare65
Advanced Tutor

hn1.png

359 Kbps this afternoon...

(Jim) Beam me up Scotty!

Hi bare65,

Thanks for the updates, I've sent you a PM with some information.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!