Hughesnet Community

Update on payment method problems and $5 discount...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Update on payment method problems and $5 discount...

Liz, 

I didn't notice anything different on my bill, but that may be because the $5 off discount was supposed to start next month, and that's fine, as I still received the last of my twelve $10 discounts.

More importantly, though, I was able to make an online payment again by going back to the old website.  I realized that I'd only had a problem with my attempted online manual payments in December and January, and had also remembered that both of those payments were attempted through the revamped/new site.  I tried the old site again and the payment went through.     

I didn't check the "remember" box as I don't know if it will work being that prepaid CCs aren't allowed for automatic payments, plus I didn't want to jinx myself, as I don't know how long the old site will remain up, nor how long it will allow me to continue making manual payments, but at least I can do it again for the time being.  I was a little uncomfortable giving CC info over the phone, as I'm sure a lot of people would be.

I just figured I'd let you know regarding the ability to make a payment with this card.  It's strange that I still can on the old site, but not on the new site.  Perhaps I'm just lucky.  LOL.  

2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Ahhhh, gotcha. Thanks for letting me know! Glad you're able to make the payment! I won't bring this up with the devs... as I could've sworn they were supposed to ditch that site quite a while ago.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Yes, please keep it on the "down low."  LOL.  🙂