Updating profile info

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FishinFan
Freshman

Updating profile info

I am getting the invalid or open id credentials error when trying to access my account info.  I created a new account and can access the info but get error-7451 city, state and zip code don't match.  I have called 4 times to try to resolve this.  the fisrt support people always have to transfer to tier 4 support who also cannot fix the problem.  web support called once but i couldn't answer my phone and they left the tier 4 support number to call back.  I did and the person i talked to said they would notify web support that this was still an issue.  That was on 5-30-2018.  Nothing has been fixed and no one has called.  What is the problem?  Can't anyone there fix the website properly.  I saw the other day that the open id issue was supposed to be fixed.

33 REPLIES 33
Liz

Good morning FishinFan,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can certainly investigate this for you. Can you please send a screenshot of the error message you're getting so we know what exactly your're seeing and where? Please be sure to block out any personal information, or just privately message me the screenshot if that's easier.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I don't know how to send a screen shot.  The box shows just what i told you.   City, State and zip code don't match your database.  Error-7451.  I don't know why you would need anything else.  One of the support people i talked to tryed to make changes and had the same issue.  This info should be on record someplace in your support records.

Hi,

Here are illustrated steps to taking a screenshot: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org

I ask for a screenshot for our developers/engineers' reference in the likely case they ask for a screenshot. I'll escalate and let them know of the error and let you know what I find out.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

The error message says  "unable to validate city, state and zip code.  make sure spelling is correct.  error-7451. "  I have been patient.  It has been almost a month since i first called on the problem.  Web support is supposed to have been working on this for 2-3 weeks.

Hi FishinFan,

I see that all your cases are closed since you were able to log in with the dummy account you created. I want to continue working with you to address this 7451 error you're seeing when logged it, I just need more details so that our developers have a better grasp of the situation.

Do you see the error message immediately after logging into the Support Center like in this screen?

Or this screen?

Or this?

Or here?

This is why we ask for screenshots, so we know where exactly this error is popping up. What are you trying to do in the support center that leads you to that error? Typical troubleshooting involves us trying to reproduce that error. These screenshots are from your account, so I have not been able to reproduce this error you're reporting. 

It would help us help you if you let me know the steps you're taking up until the point you see the error. 

It is after the update profile screen when i try to change my evening phone number, because i have not had that number for over 5 years.  It also comes up when i try to update my credit card info.

Good morning FishinFan,

Thank you for the additional detail, that helps narrow things down a bit. Our engineers are looking into this, once I have any updates for you I'll let you know. 

Liz,

I recently sent you an email saying that this still has not been fixed and to let me know what is going on.  I have not received a reply.  Is this problem ever going to get taken care of? 

Hi FishinFan,

Thanks for posting back. Not sure what e-mail you used, but the best way to get in touch is to just reply back to your thread. I've not received any word back from the engineers since someone was tasked to investigate. I've pinged them just now for an update. Once I have any news to share or need additional info, I'll let you know.

It's been almost 2 months since this started.  I would say I have been patient.  When my credit card no longer works because I can't update the info. I will tell billing to be patient.

Liz

That's understandable. Our engineers are looking into this now, and I'll give you updates as I get them. In the meantime, if you need to make a payment, you can give us a call anytime at 866.347.3292 to pay over the phone.

Enjoy the weekend!

I figured I could pay by phone if need be, but I do not want to.  If your engineers cannot get this fixed than I think it will be time to move on and find another provider.  One that hopefully has better tech support.

That's understandable, just putting out that reminder that there's always another option. The engineers did notice that USPS suggests East China as opposed to China for the city. If you use the former, do you still get the error message?

Yes.  That was the first thing I tried when it said the city state and zip didn't match.

Good morning FishinFan,

Thank you for the confirmation, I've informed the engineers. I'll let you know once I hear of any other updates to share.

Hi FishinFan,

I just got this from the engineer investigating your case: "Looking into this I found that there were 2 attempts yesterday from the consumer. However, both attempts I see only China was sent not East China. Are you sure the customer entered things in properly?"

If "East China" is returning that error message, can you please send me a screenshot of this so I can send this to the engineer? 

Hi FishinFan, 

The engineer pushed through the address update. In my view of your support center, it appears that the correct address is in your profile now. Please let me know if you have additional concerns.

Liz,

I don't know what you or the engineers are looking at.  When I went to update my profile it still shows China only as the city.  I tried to update my evening phone number and it still gave the " unable to validate city, state and zip ".  I then tried to also update the city to East China and it still gave the same error.  So nothing has changed. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Try clearing history and cookies.  You may also want to send Liz screenshots. 

I clear history and cookies before I login to this site all the time.  So that is not the problem.