Updating profile info

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FishinFan
Freshman

Updating profile info

I am getting the invalid or open id credentials error when trying to access my account info.  I created a new account and can access the info but get error-7451 city, state and zip code don't match.  I have called 4 times to try to resolve this.  the fisrt support people always have to transfer to tier 4 support who also cannot fix the problem.  web support called once but i couldn't answer my phone and they left the tier 4 support number to call back.  I did and the person i talked to said they would notify web support that this was still an issue.  That was on 5-30-2018.  Nothing has been fixed and no one has called.  What is the problem?  Can't anyone there fix the website properly.  I saw the other day that the open id issue was supposed to be fixed.

33 REPLIES 33

Is this ever going to get fixed?  It's going on 3 months.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

They referred it to engineering a week ago; you may want to give them more time. 

Hi FishinFan,

I've just pinged our engineers for an update on this, I'll reach back out to you either way by the end of the week with a resolution.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning FishinFan,

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I am surprised there are not more complaints about tech issues on the board.  It looks like nothing ever gets fixed.  All you do is give people the runaround making it look like something is being done, when actually nothing is.  If you aren't or can't fix an issue you should just tell people straight out.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

That's because most of their 1 million customers are happy with the service. 

I take it you're not happy with whatever Liz sent you via PM?  If so, keep on working with them. Alternatively, you can always cancel your account if it's so troublesome to you.  

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Follow Liz's instructions and give her the info. she requests and focus on getting your problem resolved and it will happen.

Rant and rage only delay progress.

It is human nature to get upset when things go in a different way other than that we want, need, and/or expect. I've been there-done that.

There is several approaches to these situations and one must decide on the best one leading to the quickiest and/or best resolve.

If one really is serious in getting help from someone it takes having an understandable and respectful  commuication between each party.

I've have many times read or listened to ones concerns which made no sense only because the person was not telling it as if they, themselves were hearing it for the first time and by doing so, leaving out crucial information that would otherwise made perfect sense.

The next line is not directed, directly at you but, to all.

Always reread the question and then reread and LISTEN to your respond.

In closing, go back and reread the opening line.

Cheers and Good Hunting

I always read what was being asked and responded with the appropriate information.  Saying it will eventually get fixed is funny.  It's been 3 months and it still is not resolved.  Yes the pm from Liz was only a case number so I wouldn't have to pay an etf if I cancel.  Sounded to me like they want me to cancel.

Or, maybe, it is just what it is and nothing is meant to be read into.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Hello,

I'm still active in the e-mail chain with the engineers regarding this; once we have any news to share I'll let you know.

Liz,

Thanks for trying to help on this but I have had enough.  Maratsade, I took your advice and finally went to something else and will call and cancel as soon as I log off.  Thanks for the advice.  What I have now is 3 to 4 times faster.  I am only soory I didn't switch to something else sooner.  Goodbye.

Hi FishinFan,

Thank you for letting us know, sorry to see you go, enjoy your new ISP.

Good morning FishinFan,

Thank you for the update, I've sent this over to engineering.  Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.