cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade From HN9000

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Re: Upgrade From HN9000

Lakeranger, it may be after monday before you get a response on here due to weather in Maryland.  The customer support reps on here (Liz, Katie, Chris, Amanda) are based in that region.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Dial-up is 56 kbps so 266 is significantly more. Not saying it is good but only making the point dial-up is really, really slow.

Found this dial-up emulator: http://www.56k-emulator.co.uk/
Liz

Good morning Lakeranger,

I know today our campus is closed, save for essential personnel, due to the aftermath of the winter storm, so there may be a delay on working on this. However, I will continue to keep you updated as soon as I have any news for you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Lakeranger1

Liz,  Thanks for your concern but I'm getting frustrated waiting for my download speed to increase from about 300Kbps.  You'll notice I've been checking it daily.  I understand that the storm delayed working on the issue but it's now been a few days and nothing apparently has been done.  Please expedite getting my download speeds up to a reasonable speed.  Thanks --
Liz

Hi Lakeranger,

I'm trying to gather your site diagnostics together, but I'm getting a general error message regarding your equipment. Can you please connect your computer directly to the HughesNet modem and let me know so that I can try again?

While we work on addressing your speed concerns, I've credited your account for one month's service.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Lakeranger1

I replied in a PM reply but maybe you didn't get it.  I connected the HughesNet modem directly to the computer a couple of hours ago.  I'll keep it connected this way until about 7:00PM CST.  If you cannot check it during this time please message me to disconnect my router again.  Thanks --
Liz

Hi Lakeranger,

Thank you, I have the information I need. I'll keep you posted.

-Liz

Liz

Hi Lakeranger,

Our engineers would like some speed tests during the day as well as at night (non-peak and peak hours).

Please follow the directions here to run speed tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem via testmy.net.  
https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/cant-use-the-hughesnet-speedtest-guide-for-testmy...

In the end we need at least 3 tests spaced at least 5 min apart using the 12 MB test file. So three tests during the day, three at night, please. You will have a results URL you can post here so we can track that if more tests are done. 

If you have questions, please let me know.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Lakeranger1

I completed the speed tests on 2/3/16 using www.testmy.net.  Here's the requested URL
http://testmy.net/quickstats/LAKERANGER
Unfortunately I originally posted the response by PM directly to Liz.  Since I haven't heard back from Liz in over a week I have now posted the URL here.  Hopefully Liz will read it and respond with whatever assistance is needed to increase my speeds.
Thanking you in advance,
Lakeranger

><> 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Those speeds are excellent for an HN9000 system, nothing like the 2 Mbps you stated in your original post.

Really should run some new ones, those are a week old now. Better to run them over several days not just one morning and night. Right now though those tests look great.

Will be Monday before Liz is back. Just us chickens on the weekends.