Hughesnet Community

Upgrade from gen 5 from gen 4

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swpannell

Upgrade from gen 5 from gen 4

Thinking of upgrading my plan. How do you upgrade to gen 5 from gen 4?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Call the customer service number. 

View solution in original post

GabeU

@swpannell 

Though it's very likely that you can, I would first check to make sure Gen5 is available to you, and what plans are available to you.  You can do so here.  You can then call the number on that page to upgrade, or even call the regular support number, which is 866-347-3292.  They may have some upgrade offers available to you.  

Conversely, the reps here may be able to effect the upgrade for you as well.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually reply within a working day.

Lastly, though I can't remember if it shows Gen5 upgrade options, as I already have Gen5 and it's been over three years since I upgraded, I would sign into the HughesNet MyAccount site, hover over Shop/Upgrade and click on Plans & Pricing.  There may be something there.  You may also be able to effect the upgrade through that site.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade

Call the customer service number. 

GabeU

@swpannell 

Though it's very likely that you can, I would first check to make sure Gen5 is available to you, and what plans are available to you.  You can do so here.  You can then call the number on that page to upgrade, or even call the regular support number, which is 866-347-3292.  They may have some upgrade offers available to you.  

Conversely, the reps here may be able to effect the upgrade for you as well.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually reply within a working day.

Lastly, though I can't remember if it shows Gen5 upgrade options, as I already have Gen5 and it's been over three years since I upgraded, I would sign into the HughesNet MyAccount site, hover over Shop/Upgrade and click on Plans & Pricing.  There may be something there.  You may also be able to effect the upgrade through that site.