cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Gen5

Highlighted
New Poster

Upgrading to Gen5

I am upgrading to a Gen5 modem/router today (as long as UPS can get it to my home). I have been nervous about hooking it up. I have spent countless hours on the phone and with customer support chat,ending with more frustration and a rather bad taste in my mouth, I have decided to try this route.

So, what can I expect when UPS dropps off my package today. I do not have much tech experience. I work in a hospital and need to keep abrest of the news, and get notifications delivered asap. My internet can not be down for long, and MUST be reliable.

Am I going to be pulling my hair out? Or, is it rather simple for a layman to do. We are just swapping out the boxes I assume, and telling our laptops and phones to look for a new wifi signal? Please tell me that it will be that simple!!

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Upgrading to Gen5

Good morning fatherof6,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Here's our FAQ article about swapping with the new HT2000w modem. Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.