cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bare65
Advanced Tutor

Uplink Error, Transmit Problems, Help/Advice Needed

Good Morning,

For several weeks now I've been experiencing problems with very slow webpage loading, and overall sluggish behavior.

I get  this 'error' that will show up in my System Control 12.1.9 A transmit problem has occured

Upon further investigation, looking at the diagnostic history, it appears to have something to do with the 'uplink'

Rebooting the modem, for a very short time, will help, but the error will come back and my service will go back to being very slow/sluggish, pages take forever to load, and overall very poor performance.  I will have red X under going across the 'uplink' section of the row.

I looked around the community and noticed that @BirdDog was recently experience the same thing.

Not sure if my problem is the same, and if he was able to resolve his issues or not, but any help or advice on how to correct this continuing problem would be greatly appreciated.

I took a screen shot of my diagnostics panel this morning below..

I know that @Liz is generally out on weekends, so I decided to wait until this morning to seek advice. This issue has been going on for several weeks now. I was hoping it would clear up on it's own..but no luck so far. If anything it seems to be getting worse/more frequent.

hnss1.pnghnss2.png

Many thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Hi bare65,

This uplink state code (12.1.9) is a little different than some other ones in the community. The code you are getting generally points to a power problem, whether low or inconsistent. 

The main troubleshooting step for this, as Mark states, is to ensure the power to the modem is good. Try plugging it into an outlet that does not share power with appliances and is not plugged into a surge protector/power strip. If the errors persist after that, I will have to dig a little deeper.

~Amanda

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@IntheSticks

Those plugs are very temperamental, as well as delicate, and can cause all sorts of issues when not well seated.  They can also easily work themselves loose if the modem is moved around a lot.  Glad the fix turned out to be pretty simple.  🙂  

Can't remember what renditon of modem I first learned not to mess with the DIN power plug. I originally thought it was convenient to reboot by unplugging that until one time it generated a small but significant spark when I plugged it back in. It worked after that but never went that way ever again. Always used either the wall socket or the one end of the brick after that.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.