Upload Speed Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreatx
Freshman

Upload Speed Issue

I am trying to work on my online tax return - like that isn't stressful enough..... - and for the last 10 or so minutes, my taxactonline has been saving, saving, saving - so much that I almost times out on the site twice so far. I have a Speed Test app on my Iphone (which connects to my WiFi)  and it shows my Ping is 817 ms, Download is 3.37 Mbps, and Upload is 1.46 Mbps. And the whole time I've been typing this and running my speedtest, my TaxAct is still saving, saving, saving, ......
6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

An upload speed of 1.46Mpbs is quite good.  

Perhaps the site itself is having an issue.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Yea, something on the other end site sounds like it's having problems. All an online tax return does is exchange numbers and text back and forth which shouldn't need much speed at all and 1.46 Mbps upload should be plenty fast.
Amanda

Hi andreatx

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your taxes done, I know  just having to do them in a pain in the neck. Are you using the TaxAct online to file from inside their website or on one of their downloadable programs?

Thanks
Amanda
andreatx
Freshman

Weird, I did not get an email notifying me of replies to my post. Also, when I just signed in, it said I joined a few days ago. Actually, I joined at some point towards the middle of 2015.
I'm working with TaxAct online, not anything downloaded. I'm having the same issues today, where just trying to sign in and pull up my latest info is taking MINUTES (and that's not an exaggeration).
It's January 22, not April 15 - how busy can they be? Most people are probably still waiting for their W-2s. Either way, I'll stay at it. Looks like they owe me 🙂
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

andreatx, what browser are you using?  I typically use Chrome and noticed I had some serious issues with TurboTax, could log in but it wouldn't do much of anything after that, and sometimes couldn't even log in.  Switched to Edge to do my taxes with their website and it worked fine.  Maybe try a different browser and see if that impacts the website?

Also, have you tried toggling Web-Acceleration/TurboPage?
Amanda

Hi Andrea

I think it is also a good idea to try another browser, maybe another device if you are able to. Let me know if you try that and if anything changes.

Thanks
Amanda