cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed

Highlighted
New Poster

Upload Speed

I am enrolled in Western Governors University and I have to take objective exams online. They require me to do a speed test through speedtest.net and when I perform the test the majority of the time i get no upload speed or its not even 1 mbps. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this issue, I got hughes net because I was told it was good but at this point im questioning myself on why I even got it.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Upload Speed

@n4900tlk 

Speedtest doesn't seem to like HughesNet very much, though I have no idea what the problem is.  It rarely works for me, especially with the upload speed.  Perhaps someone else or one of the reps might have a suggestion.

Might they accept speed tests performed at testmy.net?   

Is there a minimum upload speed requirement?  The reason I ask is that HughesNet speeds are taking a hit, overall, due to a tremendous increase in traffic due to so many people being at home.  Though upload speed normally tends to be around 1-3Mbps for most, it's dropped for many.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit