cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfenger
New Poster

Upload speeds On Gen5

Spoiler
I just upgraded my plan thinking it would help with my speeds primarily the upload speeds, I ran many test and noticed it being lower. Is this something that can be fixed or adjusted. Others on the community mention getting an amplifier booster. Looking for some help boosting my work VPN. I get pretty good download speed wish it was better. I also would like to know if anyone has the wi-fi booster from Hughes and want to see some speed test before i concider. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

If you're getting good download then the booster won't help with upload speed, which is limited to 3Mbps regardless of plan on Gen5.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The wifi extender/booster extends your signal (EDIT: meaning it extends the reach of the wifi signal when you have areas in your house where the wifi is fair or poor), but doesn't increase speed (and like Mark said, upload speeds are 3Mbps max).  HughesNet doesn't work well with VPNs, unfortunately.  

Do you notice any difference if you connect directly to the modem via LAN cable?